style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys apologies if im posting in the wrong place or not following the correct procedure etc but here goes ..

Today i received a letter from acs law demanding money as apparently i have illegally file shared a cd

certainly not aware that ive done this nor do i even use the program mentioned in the letter

they are demanding £500 from me

in the letter it claims that they have obtained proof via a report from isp however i contacted my isp as soon as id finished reading the letter and was told that they have had no correspondence with this firm whatsoever they're advice was to just ignore it.

After reading conflicting msgs online as to what i should do im now extremely stressed and anxious and worried that i am now going to be hounded for money i dont have for something i havent done

other sites suggest sending a letter of denial but from what ive seen this sometimes just encourages more nasty letters and threats of legal action

ive contacted the trading standards guys who gave me some phone numbers who just told me to get some legal advice and speak to the local citizens advice bureau

i really dont think they're gonna be much help though

i wondered what others experiences with this situation are and what i can expect

has anyone successfully managed to get them to back off ?

i am disabled and living on benefits

i cannot afford a long and costly legal battle

nor can i afford the £500 this firm is demanding i pay to make this go away

i will certainly not pay for something ive not done!!!!

thanks in advance guys

You are one of many people who has received this letter. Have a look at this thread, read through it and send a letter of denial.

The only cases they have won are by default where no one has defended the case. I think it is just a way to get money out of people.

ACS Law thread here,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/198192-acs-law.html

Edited by Blondmusic
:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Personally i would send them a letter of denial which i am sure is in the ACS law thread somewhere. You will have to read through it though.

It does sound like a ploy to extract money from internet users by threatening court action.

Davenport Lyons did the same thing last year then Watchdog did a report on them and they dropped it like a hot potato.

I will have a look and see if i can find it for you.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

• 1 year later...

Hi guys I just wanted to inform you of the following:

Andrew Crossley has been reffered to a disiplinary tribunal.

He is a **** bag and a horrible man who has scared many innocent people into paying for something they have not done.

If you do or have received any letters from ACS: LAW, DO NOT PAY A PENNEY!!!!!!

It wont let me post a link but type in google ACS LAW TRIBUNAL and select the one on isp preview dot co dot u k

more info there