• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift loan Help

borolad63
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why did you send for it? :confused:

eg. was it to obtain statements, account info, etc?

What have they sent you?

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Hi Borolad,

Are you looking to claim back penalty charges? Was this a mortgage with Swift or a loan? Did you take out PPI at all?

We are awaiting the response to our SAR from Swift (40 days up next week) and will be looking to reclaim penalty charges and PPI which we believe was mis-sold.

Did they respond within the time frame to your request?

Will follow your progress with interest if that's ok with you:D

Good luck with whatever you are hoping to achieve!

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Hi

Sorry for delay in answering back, problems with my internet connection (deleted my modem by mistake). I am in my local library at the moment.

I asked for my SAR from Swift in July 08. They sent me history notes, transaction history and repayment record.

The reason I asked for the SAR was that everyone I knew had asked for their SAR so it sounded like a good idea. The reason I first posted this tread was that I am unsure what to look for in the SAR.

Borolad

You should also state that they have not provided

· details of any agreements between lender/broker/packager, written or unwritten, in relation to commissions or any other payments

· Underwriting sheet or other such document recording any commission (or other) payment made to an intermediary or packager

• 1 month later...

I have being paying Swift £83.86 pm as per agreement for April and May

I have received from Swift a letter dated 20th May saying that I must pay my arrears plus extra £50 also that a total payment of £469.30 is required under the court order or they will issue the warrent for possession of my property.

I also received on 22 May asking for the monthly installments of £167.72 plus additional amount each month to clear arrears.

Now I am receiving phone calls asking for the payment agreement to start on 12th of this month

Edited by borolad63
put in my personal details

Here is my letter to Swift dated 30th March

30th March 2009

Credit Control Department

Swift Advances

Arcadia House

Warley Hill Business Park

The Drive

Brentwood

CM13 3BE

Dear Sirs,

RE:

I write with reference to the above numbered account to ask for your assistance with the current arrears situation which arose due to my experiencing unexpected financial strain over the last few months as a result of being unable to work through injury.

I agreed to pay £217.72 per month and have maintained this arrangement for the last month. However, I had to go into hospital for surgery to correct the problem and will find it difficult to continue to make these payments over the next few months – I will, of course, pay whatever I can during that time. Please see affixed letter from my doctor.

However, when I am recovered from the operation I will be able to go back to work and my earnings will return to the level I previously enjoyed before the injury, thus I will be in a position to increase the payments to clear the arrears. I have enclosed a cheque for £100 as part payment.

I trust you will be able to respond positively to my request for help and look forward to receiving your reply.

Yours

have being paying Swift £83.86 pm as per agreement for April and May

I have received from Swift a letter dated 20th May saying that I must pay my arrears plus extra £50 also that a total payment of £469.30 is required under the court order or they will issue the warrent for possession of my property.

I also received on 22 May asking for the monthly installments of £167.72 plus additional amount each month to clear arrears.

Now I am receiving phone calls asking for the payment agreement to start on 12th of this month

Here is my letter to Swift

30th March 2009

Credit Control Department

Swift Advances

Arcadia House

Warley Hill Business Park

The Drive

Brentwood

CM13 3BE

Dear Sirs,

RE:

I write with reference to the above numbered account to ask for your assistance with the current arrears situation which arose due to my experiencing unexpected financial strain over the last few months as a result of being unable to work through injury.

I agreed to pay £217.72 per month and have maintained this arrangement for the last month. However, I had to go into hospital for surgery to correct the problem and will find it difficult to continue to make these payments over the next few months – I will, of course, pay whatever I can during that time. Please see affixed letter from my doctor.

However, when I am recovered from the operation I will be able to go back to work and my earnings will return to the level I previously enjoyed before the injury, thus I will be in a position to increase the payments to clear the arrears. I have enclosed a cheque for £100 as part payment.

I trust you will be able to respond positively to my request for help and look forward to receiving your reply.

Yours

Last

Hi

Do you know if there is a letter I can use asking Swift if I can continue with my payments for a short period of time say next three months? and not go down the road of repossession or full monthly payment plus £50 as per court order.

Hi Borolad 63,

I have only just come across your thread can you send me a copy of your loan agreement by e-mail remove all your personal info from it, I'll send you a my e-mail address by PM I would like to have allok at please I may find something on it that will help you fight these heartless creatures.

sparkie

Hi Sparkie

Please see attached letter I sent to Swift.

Here is their reply

One hundred pounds is not sufficient for june payment.

My court order from February was to pay £217.73pm

They would accept £83.86 for April and May on the understanding that I increase my monthly payments bact to 2217.73

My court order is in arrears of £503 .16 and as I have not complied with the agreement they could demand full payment by return and arrange a warrant to be issued.

To avoid this course of action they require my proposals for payments over an above the court order and if accepted we shall require June payment to be made.

They will withhold action untill 22 June.

Your thoughts please

11 June 09 offering payment 2.doc

Hi Sparkie

I have just sent of to Compliance dept asking for

Details of any agreement between lender/broker/packager.

Underwriting shett or other such documents recording any commission payments to an intermediary or packager.

Enclose your complaint resolution procedure.

Hi

Have just recieved this letter from swift.

As you are aware Swift has an order for possession, which means they can ask a baliff to repossess your home.

Swift would rather not evict me but have no alternative unless I resume payments and make some practical proposals to keep up regular payments.

I must make contact with Swift within 5 days or they will insturct solicitors to apply to the court for a warrant.

If I do not respond to this letter and Swift have to review my account again they will instruct their solicitors to issue a warrant. Solicitor charge £100, County Court £95 and further solicitor charge £211.50

Also if I pay within seven days of the eviction appointment I will incur further costs to cancel the arrangements for the eviction

Hi

Have just recieved this letter from swift.

As you are aware Swift has an order for possession, which means they can ask a baliff to repossess your home.

Swift would rather not evict me but have no alternative unless I resume payments and make some practical proposals to keep up regular payments.

I must make contact with Swift within 5 days or they will insturct solicitors to apply to the court for a warrant.

If I do not respond to this letter and Swift have to review my account again they will instruct their solicitors to issue a warrant. Solicitor charge £100, County Court £95 and further solicitor charge £211.50

Also if I pay within seven days of the eviction appointment I will incur further costs to cancel the arrangements for the eviction