RBS - Tesco SAR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To cut along story short, split with my husband and could no longer pay unsecured loan. Initally Tesco were very good, but recently had some agressive letters for Triton. I decided to send a SAR and got this reply back (SAR went to Triton - this came for tesco):

We are in receipt of your request for your personal information held at Credit Management Services, Telford.

Having reviewed the records available to me I have been unable to locate a mandate for your signature. To enable us to proceed with your request, we will require the following:

A copy of your driving licence or passport, denoting your usual signature.

A recent utility bill.

As you hold a joint account with we will also require his signed authority and proof of identity (Note if this is not available, please advise me at your earliest convenience)

On receipt of the above, we would be more than happy to proceed with your request. In line with the Data Protection Act 1998, we would have 40 days in which to collate your personal information, but we would endeavour to complete before this time period.

Please note it is not our policy to supply documents that you would have received as part of the day to day running of your account.

Not sure what to make of it and would really like some advice about a response. Couple of points:

- What do they been 'mandate for my signature' - Does it mean they have not got a signed Credit agreement?

- Seems reasonable to provide proof of my ID - but driving licence and utility bill? Tempted just to send them a Utility bill

- Copy of his ID? I am asking for details they hold on me - surely up to them to remove his details if needed

- Not sure about the legality of the last statement - not providing info?

Any advice (or even better ideas for a draft reponse?). Fo info, loan taken out in May 07. Do I detect the fact they have lost the original credit agreement?

Thank you!!:-)