Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Baz1977 vs Mint\equadebt

I have had my credit card passed to a credit agency. (equadebt)

I was gettin numerous calls, letters etc etc.

i finally agreed to pay 100 a month and the balance was set and no more interest was going intop.

I recently heard about, (do the credit agency have a copy of the original agreement.)

I sent a data protection act letter requesting documentation regards agreement to equadebt ltd and they replied indicating all payments are on hold.
    It has been around 3 months now and i havent heard nothing.
    obviously they havent got a signed agreement to declare to me.

Does this mean i can ask them to quash the balance, also can i ask them to clear the credit file of any negativeness.

Any ideas of where i go from here pls.

i have had a look around the forum but unsure. assistence would be grateful.

Default Re: Baz1977 vs Mint\equadebt

Welcome to CAGicon There is a lot to read to try and get up to speed, but it is worth it. The more you know the easier it gets, honest. First rule, NEVER speak on the fone with any creditor always in writing as you then have a record. They will lie and fake your comments on their files on you!

Passed or sold? Find out if your not sure
    Have you contacted RBSicon yet? Contact with SARicon asap
    When was acc opened? Can affect cca validity
    Are you still paying? Stop now

Send account in dispute letter (in templates I believe) to equadebt, reason no CCA. eqadebt prob wont have the cca, but RBS may but having problems finding/retrieving from archives. Depending when account opened could well be not available or just an application form. Dont forget they only have to send a "true copy", not the original as they are then fulfilling their requirements under cca 1974. If they send t & c`s and something that looks like a cca but not your sig on they prob dont have anything

Some threads here that might help:
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...d-rubbish.html
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ta-change.html
    If it is not valid (youll have to post it up for us to c) they cant take you to court, but can still ask for money. If they dont have anything they shouldnt be doing anything but closing the account, BUT it will be a hard task getting them not to report to the referencing agencies. All finance co`s think they are above the laws of the land.

This is one of my threads that may give a little background into what goes on:
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-been-too.html

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.
    Follows
    Following

thanks for your time i will read up on what you have advised.

will keep u posted.

the account is from about 2003 -2004

At least its covered by the older legislation thats good news.

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details