Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2009

Question RBS Directline Credit Card CCA return

Hi this is my new threadicon with DL.

I requested CCA on the 18th May but they failed to reply
    I wrote to them on 10th June "account in dispute".

Now our letter has been crossed and I just got their reply today that they can not find anything
    and they will not be able to enforce in court

they want me to continue to pay.

So please look into these attachment and advice me for my next step.

Thank you

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv342/Andy01/DL1.jpg
    http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv342/Andy01/DL2.jpg
    http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv342/Andy01/DL3.jpg
    http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv342/Andy01/DL4.jpg

Its God's gift Please Save The Earth.

If you had ever been helped by this site and satisfied than by Donating This site is just simply helping others too, who are really in need. Please make a donation.
    ......................... ......................... ..
    Helping someone in need is God,s blessing
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert's Avatar

Cagger since : May 2007

Default Re: ANDY01 V Directline

As they have said they can't take any enforcement action, they can ask you nicely to pay but equally you can just as nicely tell them to swivel.

The problem is they can still devastate your credit file until it becomes statute barredicon six years from your last payment.

No doubt if you decide not to continue paying they'll close the a/c and sell it on to claim tax relief. It might be worth waiting while they do & then if some parasitic DCAicon crawls from under a rock sometime you can either kick them into touch by sending a copy of the letter where they admit there's no CCA or offer them a full & final offer at around 10-15% of the outstanding debt on the proviso the remove any defaults from your credit file.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

excellent Thanks CB So I will just wait and see if they reply to my ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE Letter which has been crossed. Will they send me any DN or not? I am not worried about my Credit file at all.

If you had ever been helped by this site and satisfied than by Donating This site is just simply helping others too, who are really in need. Please make a donation.
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert Highly authoritative cerberusalert's Avatar

You'll probably still get a few begging letters for a while until they realise they are urinating against the wind, before they flog it on to some fourth rate DCAicon who specializes in unenforceable debts.

As for sending a DN, who knows? They probably will so they can be vindictive and try & begger up your credit rating.

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Like you said they can carry on begging not gonna get blood from this stone. Atleast they admit that they can not take me to court so rest I have got enough time to write letters to good for nothing DCAicon

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2007

Please do not lose that letter

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donatehttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ages/link3.gif through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library
    Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks CB and Cerber Its all your guy's help. I am really glad to find this site.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Good Morning all,
    Here is somthing I picked up yesterday's Daily Mirror newpaper might intreset you.
    http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/v...y01/Mirror.jpg

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative clemma Authoritative

Cagger since : Oct 2008

I have had a look as you asked, but I think you have been given great advice so far.

The best thing is to wait and see what their next move is.

:)I am not an expert, but I can give good advice about Brighthouse:)

Am learning more and more about DCA's too :)

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

[SIZE="1"]<------If you think I have been helpful, please feel free to tip my scales - remember to put your CAG name though![/SIZE]
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks Again for your help

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

I think they had already reply to my CCA Requesticon on 15th June
    http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv342/Andy01/DL1.jpg

and my letter in dispute crossed on 10th June and

I got this reply today from RBSicon.

They must be the part of Dirctline.

fotoflexer Pictures, fotoflexer Images, fotoflexer Photos, fotoflexer Videos - User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

So I think i should wait and see.

Follows
    Following

Well that's three letters admitting they cannot take enforcement action. I'ts always nice to have everything in triplicate......... unless it's a marriageicon.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks Cerber can you please Check my halifaxicon thread.I got there reply almost after a month

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

I hope you have those letters tucked away safely

Click here to donatehttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ages/link3.gif through PayPal (opens in a new window)

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

CB Trust me my friend they are very safe .Nice to hear from you. Thanks

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi guys do you think I should write to them for F/F or should I wait?
    Account No:
    Ref No:
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    Thank you for your letter dated 15th June 2009 from Direct Line and letter dated 3rd July 2009 from RBSicon of Scotland confirming that there is NO enforceable agreement exists between us. So there for you are not in position to enforce any payment due to the fact that you are unable to provide an enforceable credit agreement.
    So to that effect I am willing to make a full & final offer of 200.00 (12%) to bring this matter to a conclusion.
    Please note you may also consider under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect.

This is on the proviso that any adverse information recorded with the various
    credit reference agencies is removed from my files & that I receive written acceptance to these terms from you within 14 days of receipt of this offer.
    Yours faithfully

Follows
    Following

cerberusalert is pretty good with drafting letters of this ilk, so it might be a good idea to wait and see if he/she has any advice to offer in respect of your F&F

BCOBS

Follows
    Following

The letter's fine but i doubt whether they'll accept. They'll be more likely to sell it on to a bottom feeding outfit with a shedload of other unenforceable debts & then claim tax relief.

Of course there's nothing to stop you making the offer but I think you'll have a better chance with one of the lowlifes.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thanks so in that case I think I will wait . Cheers guys

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details