Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default RBS - No response to DPA Request

Having written to my branch manager requesting charges details using the standard wording for a Data Protection Act request and not receiving any response I followed up with a letter 'reminding' them of my request which I cc:ed to the Data Protection Manager in Edinburgh (address as taken from the RBSicon website). If I do not hear from them in the next few days I will complain to the Office of the Information Commissioner and request enforcement of my original request.

Could they be ignoring my request because I wrote to my branch manager (by registered post and then delivered to the branch by hand) and only cc:ed the Edinburgh Data Protection Manager? Or is writing to the bank branch manager deemed acceptable?

Thanks,
    K

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jul 2006

Default Re: RBS - No response to DPA Request

yes it's ok to send to local branch, just keep at em and you'll get the info soon. Complain to the info comm anyway! the more people that complain the more chance other people have of getting their info quickly;_

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax 3600 charges, won with C/I 6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06
    Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06
    Prelim guesimate sent for 3000 03/11/06
    Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO
    Cr*p one charges=976
    con int 34.9% 1,003.75 1,979.75.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jul 2006

Hi -- I sent off my DPA request to HO in Edinburgh on 12 July, but not a peep yet. I think I'll fire off a reminder next week: will be so disappointing if this is just tactical stalling on their part.

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Apr 2007

I got my statements but it took about 3 - 4 weeks, I also included the informal letter requesting refund but didnt receive a response to that until a further 3 weeks

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details