Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder manu1968 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default 8% interst i can claim aswell?

I stupidly went feet first into all this and got my first 'poorly put' letter thrown back in my face. I have since done more research into getting my money back and have found this forum etc great help.....however i cant seem to find anything on the 8% interest I can claim aswell??? I have used the very helpful templateicon spreadsheet thats in the forum and it's on there.

Also, I'm a premier account holder with RBOS and realise there's a 15 charge, so, should I take this off my spreadsheet for each 43 charge I have recieved for going over my overdraft or include this acknowledgement and create a seperate one for that???
    Any help would be much appreciated as i don't wish to get bu*med anymore off the bank than i have done.

Similar Threads:
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    davefirewalker Highly informative davefirewalker Highly informative davefirewalker Highly informative davefirewalker Highly informative davefirewalker Highly informative davefirewalker Highly informative davefirewalker's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2006

Default Re: 8% interst i can claim aswell?

Hi manu

you can only claim the interest if it goes to court and you get a judgement

if they settle out of court you lose the interest

there is a spreadsheet available in the letters section
    which helps you deal with it

yes you CANT claim for the 15 "service charge" so deduct them from the other charges

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
    Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
    Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge
    Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder c_allen Informative c_allen Informative c_allen's Avatar

Cagger since : Jul 2006

Default Re: 8% interst i can claim aswell?

you can claim the contracual rate of interest the prelim stage have a read of these threads
    Why is no one claiming the contractual rate of interest???
    A New Way of Looking at Interest

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax 3600 charges, won with C/I 6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06
    Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06
    Prelim guesimate sent for 3000 03/11/06
    Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO
    Cr*p one charges=976
    con int 34.9% 1,003.75 1,979.75.

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details