style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I received a copy of my cca for my Halifax cc today. First of all they sent me the wrong one, they did not send me the one which i originally signed when i got the card, as the card was a bank one card which was then taken over by Halifax.

On the covering letter it reads the following:

'The Ministry of Justice headline reads ''Businesses can mislead the public by claiming they can arrange for unpaid loans, credit card debts or other consumer debts to be written off have been told to stop or face action Justice Minister Bridget Prentice said today, as new guidance was issued by the Ministry of Justice.'

Is this true? I have to forward what i received (cca) to the company who are dealing with this on my behalf.

Thanks

Yes it is true. There are many companies offering these type of services usually at a price. What you have to remember is that they cannot guarantee that your debt will be written off. You can do the same thing yourselve for free by getting advice from this site. Many of the firms doing this will rip you of and you could end up paying more than you owe.

It might help if you gave some details of so called company you are dealing with ie what they are charging you. Then someone with more knowledge off this area will advise you more.

But my advice would be to steer clear of them.

The company i am going through are really good. Cos they were unable to write off one of my other cards, they offered me a full refund.

I did pay a lot but they have been very professional and are up front telling me if they do pursue how it will go etc.