Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    weescotschick Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Sep 2008

Default Advice Regarding Overdraft With RBS

Hi hope someone can help.

We have an interest paying account with RBSicon and back in feb/march the account became overdrawn due to numerous charges so they called me and put an overdraft limit on the account on the basis I pay back 100 every month but in March Id been made redundant and could not pay the first 100 so they upped the overdraft limit with me paying back 203 a month. Anyway on May 25th I paid in to the overdraft account 100 and the overdraft was dropped but they have now put it back up and are letting me use the account as normal with no phone callsicon etc so Im assuming they are letting me keep the overdraft and letting me use the account as normal as Its now within its limit. But today I have received a lettericon from them telling me that my account as reached a level which is unnacceptable (unarranged borrowing) this could be because a cheque had come off on tuesday of last week but later that day Id transferred the funds in. Now they are detailing in the letter that i return all cards and cheque books. Are they being serious???? I just dont get it! If thats the case they can shuff there accounts. (I have 5 accounts with them)

Will they try taking money from my other accounts in order to stop me taking any of my money????

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    weescotschick Novitiate

Cagger since : Sep 2008

Default Re: Advice Regarding Overdraft With RBS

Anyone?? Since my last post the account is still active and im still using it putting money in and out

Gold Account Holder Sparkie1723 Authoritative Sparkie1723 Authoritative Sparkie1723 Authoritative Sparkie1723 Authoritative Sparkie1723 Authoritative Sparkie1723 Authoritative Sparkie1723 Authoritative Sparkie1723 Authoritative Sparkie1723 Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2006

Default Re: Advice Regarding Overdraft With RBS

Quote Originally Posted by weescotschick View Post
    Anyone?? Since my last post the account is still active and im still using it putting money in and out

They can and will take money from other accounts to offset a debt on another.....I would move the money from your other accounts as fast as you can to another bank.................RBSicon will use every tactic they can .....they need money quick and will do all possible to collect by legal means or "illegal" means................if they do it illegally .....you will then have to prove they have done it illegally which is of course court action.... which again costs money....RBS bank on the fact you will not have the means to take them to court.....and will carry on abusing their position.......I KNOW!!

sparkie

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details