Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Thread: Rbos Cc

Default Rbos Cc

My wife has a CC with the RBOS and recently due to ill health, I had to take some time from work. Because of this, we fell into arrears with a few of our debts and thus began a monthly struggle to pay bills, we would be paid in the last day of the month, the 1st of the month we would be broke.
    So we contacted the people we owed money too and came to some arangements, in that intrest was either reduced or frozen for a period of time. Most agreed to this as they were told the wife was due to start a new job paying more money and once I was back to work and we were back on our feet again, we would go back to paying what we paid before

Not with the RBOS, they have continued to add intrest to the balance to her CC, despite calling them numerous times to make some kind of arrangment to pay, they are just flatly refusing to enter into any dialogue over this. They said they dont do this and that the only option for her was to seek out a debt management service, if not then the full payments were going to be due as and when the monthly bills arrived.

Its getting to the point they ring most days and when the wife speaks to them, they are wanting the full arrears ( which are mostly added interest and missed payment charges) We pay what we can at the minute but it seems pointless as the amount we pay is not even covering the added interest or as we are not paying the full monthly payment, the incurred late payment charges.

Any advice on what course of action we can do with these people. ?

Default Re: Rbos Cc

Hi, Ena.

How old is the card ?

You could always re-claim all the charges on the account.

If you need a hand, just shout.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.
    If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert
    Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by maroondevo52 View Post
    Hi, Ena.

How old is the card ?

You could always re-claim all the charges on the account.

If you need a hand, just shout.

Regards.

Scott.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure as to how old it is, will check but I think its at least 5 years old, maybe older.

Hi,

You could always CCA them, which would put the account into dispute if they do not come up with your agreement within 14 days, they would then have to stop adding any more charges or Interest.

Letter 'N' in the libraryicon is the CCA Requesticon...........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...templates.html

Send it recorded, with a 1.00 postal order and don't sign it.

See what they come back with, if they do have an enforceable agreement, re-claim any charges.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.
    If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details