Local council / Waste disposal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

I wondered if anyone can help me.

I live in a multi dwelling property of 8 people (2 houses put into together in 8 flats) and the local council has only provided 4 small bins and said that is adequate disposal for our waste, and they are refusing to rectify the situation. I've spoken to other flats down the street who have the right amount of bins (one per property) provided for free.

Any help where I stand with this would be appreciated, as they are refusing to do anything else unless we pay for them.

Cheers.

Bearington

I don't know the answer but I'm guessing their logic is 2 dwellings equates to 2 normal sized bins which translates to 4 mini bins.

Council's are really cutting back on the amount of domestic waste they're collecting. Have they provided you with recycling bins also??

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Update:

After a very strongly worded email about taking this further, I came home on friday to find the correct amount of bins outside our building and an apologetic email from the local council admitting they were in the wrong.

Score!