problems with swift- non-fault accident

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In February the gas man reversed into my car, which was parked outside my house. The guy rang on the door, explained what had happened and we exchanged numbers and car insurance details- I'm insured with diamond, and he was insured with heath lambert. So diamond said to ring round and get some quotes, and we rang my local garage, who said that swift would deal with the claim because they also did the car hire, so they would recover all expenses. So I went with that. It was a bit of nightmare though because the garage and swift had a communication break down, and instead of taking two days to repair my car it took twelve days. Either way I got my car back. The problem is now Swift is taking ages to recover the expenses and a month ago I got a call saying that they were thinking about taking heath lambert to court and asked me would I be availble to go to a court hearing. I haven't heard from them since. I'm really worried, because I've been reading reviews of swift and how rubbish they are, and how some people in simlar situations to me have ended up footing the bill, because of their incompetences. The hire car bill alone is £900!!

I would be grateful of any advice!!

Thank you!!

I would contact Heath Lambert and get their point of view. They should be able to say how it's going. If you do incur costs that you should not do (because your insurer is supposed to do this) then you can seek recompense against your insurer.

You say the car hire was £900 - for 12 days? That's pretty steep. A nissan micra should cost no more than £15 - £20 a day. What were you in, a ferrari?

No, I was in this fiat punto, which had a squeaky dash board, and loads of dings and scratches. When I picked it up at the garage, swift said that there was no damage to the car. I had to get the guy from the garage to ring swift up and tell them that the car was caked in scratches- too many too take a through detailed account. The car charge was something ridiculous like £50+ a day and other random charges. The people at swift told me not to worry, because they would reclaim the costs from the otherside.

I will call Heath Lambert up tomorrow. When the gas man hit my car, he rang them up on the spot, and told them that. Plus my neighbour whom he was visiting saw him do that, so I don't understand why Swift are having to threaten legal action against them, too recover the expenses...:confused: