rbs charge my savings account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

about a year ago a direct debit account was set up for southern electric with correct bank details of my key account not my savings account but somehow the bank charged me £38.00 on my savings account also now they have added interest of £6.84 on my savings account.Is it possible to still claim this back? and if so what can i do to claim back?.:(

why is it i never get replies anymore surely someone knows if i claim this back or not?

The answer is yes, and I would suggest you look at the terms and conditions of the savings account. No doubt there is a clause that states "standing orders and direct debits are not permitted on the account". If there is then I would approach it on the basis that you aren't permitted to have them on a savings account yet the bank doesn't protect you from them being set up on the account. Why have the term if the bank will not make the account non permissable for DD's and SO's

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

If you are wanting to reclaim, follow the step by step guide in my signature. It has all the advice and links for letters you need. If you need any help, just ask. Some one will be around to advise you.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 1 year later...

hi guys just wondering if for one somehow mistake RBS put DD into my newly opened savings account at the time (2 years ago)and with nothing in there they are charging me this £36 DD + £10 approx every May since.( now £56) i was just wondering if this could be somehow corrected or claimed back ?

Edited by andrew1402