Warranty company refusal to pay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5424 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The warranty claim company has refused to pay for the replacement of the suspension pump on my Mercedes S class saying that the agreement covers for the 'actual breakage of a mechanical part' 'and as the pump still runs it is not actually broken, just worn out'. It was producing 4 bar of pressure, unable to raise the car to the appropiate ride level. I maintain that if the pump was not broken, it would not have needed to be replaced. It does/did not perform the function intended.

My reaction is to sue them, but I was wondering if anyone had a similar situation & their experience/advice.

Many thanks.

The problem with these companies is that they just expect us to take their word for it and just roll over and say nothing.

I'm currently having the same problem with customer protect not paying up on a clutch and fly wheel problem thats just set me back £1300. Im in the process of collecting evidence from all parties involved(The garage, the dealer, the warrenty company.)I want everything from everyone. They sent out an expert to my claim and them declined it. I paid £180.00 for jeff all.

When i took out this warranty i was told it covered everthing obviously it doesn't so it was missold to me and they won't get away with it.

I won't give up without a fight you shouldn't either

Don't forget this is just my personal opinion and shouldn't be taken as anything else.

If you want to sue make sure you have all the evidence to support your claim good luck and keep me posted

MY WINS PENALTY CHARGES

BARCLAYS SETTLED IN FULL DAYS BEFORE COURT

HALIFAX SETTLED IN FULL AFTER LBA

RBS SETTLED IN FULL AFTER PRELIM

GE MONEY (RIVER ISLAND CARD) IN FULL AFTER REQUEST FOR REPAYMENT

IKANO (OASIS CARD) IN FULL AFTER A LONG HARD SLOG NO COURT CLAIM ISSUED

MY WINS PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE

ALLIANCE AND LEICESTER IN FULL + 8% INTEREST

RBS credit cards x2 in full without any interest

CURRENT CLAIMS

RBS AGAIN PENALTY CHARGES (confirmed hardship case)

GE MONEY PPI (breach of sars sent)

RBS CREDIT CARDS PENALTY CHARGES(declined)

HALIFAX MORTGAGE PROTECTION PLAN (declined)

HALIFAX CREDIT CARD CHARGES(no reply)

My 'case' is that the pump was not working to required & intended specs & therefore was broken & needed replacing.

It will cost c£30 for me in a local court (costs can not be awarded if it goes against me) as its only £400 claim - they will probably have to hire a solicitor. Perhaps they will take a commercial view & wish to settle.

Reading the policy, throughout it there are lists of reasons not to pay - a rather strong clue as to their intentions.

Good luck.