Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2008

Default Lexis200 v Tesco

Hello

I'm currently waiting on an SARicon from Tesco, and will also CCA them soon just for clarity.

My issue at the moment is the DN I have.

It's from a while back, when I was setting up payments to them, and before I was aware of my rights, or the fact the notice might be wrong.

Anyway here's the default
    http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s...scodefault.jpg

...and the subsequent termination
    http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s...ermination.jpg

Would I be right in thinking they've been a bit silly with the remedy dates? If so, what's my next step?

Thanks

Lexis

Time flies like an arrow...
    Fruit flies like a banana.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    alangee Novitiate

Cagger since : Sep 2008

Default Re: Lexis200 v Tesco

Yes you are right. They have only allowed you 14 days from the date of the DN. They have not allowed for delivery. By the way 24th March 2007 was a Saturday, so it would be deemed to have been served on you on the 27th March. The date for rectifying the breach should have been 10th April 2007.

Alan

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200 Authoritative lexis200's Avatar

Thanks very much for this alangee - any idea how I should proceed?

I pretty much get the DN stuff when they have it wrong (although I still like confirmation I'm not missing something obvious!), but I don't quite know what to do with the information!

Any help from anyone would be much appreciated

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    andyr666 Novitiate

Cagger since : Nov 2008

Tesco PF are not very good at the default thing, and it is not through lack of practice. My wife and I have been issued 3 each and all flawed like yours for one joint debt

Basic Account Holder
    alangee Novitiate

Keep the DN in a safe place. When they terminate (with a defective DN) you will only be liable for the arrears mentioned in the DN. If they issue court proceedings, then even if they have a kosher Credit Agreement, they will fall down on the Default Notice.

Alan

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Hi Alan

They have actually terminated the agreement - not long after the remedy date of the DN.

I'm just wondering how to go about telling them they've fouled up, and then what do I do to try and get them to accept just the arrears?

Although I'm resigned to the fact I may end up in court, obviously I'd rather not, so any suggestions are very welcome

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2007

Bliddy hell, I wish I had been given these

DN date 24 March - remedy date 7 April = not enough time for even 1st class mail especially as the 24th March was a Saturday

Then they Terminated 3 days after issuing the DN ie 27th March ??

Fantastic

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donatehttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ages/link3.gif through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library
    Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Yep, this one and Lloyds I'm pretty happy about

What I really want though is to use it to get the debt and my CRAicon file cleared, without going down the court route and asap.

I'm not asking much...

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    alangee Novitiate

Hi Lexis

I think your next step is to request a SARicon and/or a copy of your CCA. If you go for the SAR, and you find there are unlawful charges, this could be another reason that the DN is defective. You should also get a copy of your agreement with the SAR and if that is defective, that should make the DN irrelevant. Collect as much information as you can.

Tesco will not accept that the DN is defective, so you will just be in a to and fro situation if you tell them. If it ever comes to court, the DJ should side with you, and you may be able to make a counter claim for unlawful charges.

If it were me, I would just sit back and collect as much information as I could, so that if it does go to court I am in a good position to contest it.

I have just reread your OP and see that you have already sent for a SAR/CCA.

Alan

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Thanks Alan - very helpful info

My only issue is that I could do with not having this hanging over me for ages until they possibly decide to go to court...

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

After a stupid wait for the SARicon it arrived - with only statements and a couple of letters I had written to them

Round 2 ding ding.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    peter1234 Novitiate

Cagger since : Mar 2009

getting exactly the same check out my thread

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Thanks, will do

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    underdog13 Highly informative underdog13 Highly informative underdog13 Highly informative underdog13 Highly informative underdog13 Highly informative underdog13 Highly informative underdog13's Avatar

Hiya Lexis,

Tesco still aren't any better at drafting DNs - mine says I must remedy within 17 days.

s88(1) states that the default notice must give the date by which the default can be remedied.

So I'm guessing (and hoping) that a vague 17 days rather than an actual date won't cut it.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Hey Underdog

You'd really think it'd be simple wouldn't you

What irks me is that all the information needed to draft these documents correctly appears to be online. I reckon I could knock up a decent credit agreement followed by a watertight DN without too much of an issue, so why the hell can't they when they have the access to all the legal nonce that they do?

Bl**dy banks

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    underdog13 Highly informative underdog13 Highly informative underdog13 Highly informative underdog13 Highly informative underdog13 Highly informative underdog13 Highly informative underdog13's Avatar

Agree, you'd think drafting a correct DN would be a simple matter - unless the person drafting it is simple

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Mind you, that said, thank goodness they do make so many mistakes with their DNs

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Quote Originally Posted by underdog13 View Post
    Mind you, that said, thank goodness they do make so many mistakes with their DNs
    Absolutely, I wouldn't want it to change

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Me neither

Royalties Account Holder citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB Highly authoritative citizenB's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2007

Lexis, I know this is an old thread, but can you tell me if Tesco ever did fully comply with your SARicon ?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running
    Click here to donatehttp://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ages/link3.gif through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library
    Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE
    2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries
    3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here
    4: Staying Calm About Debt Read Here
    5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you
    3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules
    4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly
    5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details