Stirling Park sheriffs officer for Glasgow Council PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm having an issue with Stirling Park.

I incurred a fixed penalty notice for not displaying my parking ticket.

That isn't the issue.

The issue is, that after disputing the ticket I got nowhere and Glasgow City Council passed this on to Stirling Park.

I received one letter from them advising me that I owed them 90GBP (that is *all* the letters I've received from them).

things being what they are I used their online form last Wednesday 6th May to make a payment arrangement with them.

I then heard back from them by email the following day (7th) that they would not accept the payment (4 x 22.50).

I called them to find out why only to be told that they had served a warrant on my bank account.

I asked when this had happened and they said it had happened that morning.

they waited until after the warrant was served to inform me that my payment offer wasn't acceptable.

Now we get to the good bit.

On the phone I offered to give them the 22.50 there and then

- they accepted it and have taken it from my credit card

- now they won't give it back until they get money from my bank which they now say is 139.10.

This seems like *very* sharp practice

- the bank have taken the money from my account yet Stirling Park continue to hold on to my initial payment.

When I spoke to them tonight - she said they were no longer standing by the telephone agreement.

What is even more interesting is that my current account had no money in it

- but they've seized it from my business account which means I can't pay my rent as it stands at the moment

- or any bills for that matter.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

I had similar scenario with this bunch on an unpaid (disputed) parking fine.

My post is on here.

A sheriff officer placed an attachment on my vehicle.

I don't understand why they have a warrant on your bank account??

Ask if they have recorded your call re the payment agreement and complain to a.

I've written to her requesting monies back due to their incompetence under Debt Arrangement and Attachment (Scotland) Act 2002.

It would appear that this lot are not regulated in any way?

They operate under a voluntary code of conduct apparently.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• 1 year later...

I am having similar issues with this lot. I have a Parking Ticket which is IN DISPUTE - but they did a door step visit. I told them they were contravening the OFT guidleines on enforcing debts under dispute - but they say that only applies to CCA debts - not debts to Councils.

Are they right?

BD

• 8 years later...
I am having similar issues with this lot. I have a Parking Ticket which is IN DISPUTE - but they did a door step visit. I told them they were contravening the OFT guidleines on enforcing debts under dispute - but they say that only applies to CCA debts - not debts to Councils.

Are they right?

BD

Ok, if you live in Scotland and the parking fine is non council, ie parkingeye etc, you just use the letter as bog roll. It’s not a fine , it’s an invoice.

A parking fine from a council is different and needs to be paid.

but back to why I am so confident that you can wipe your bum with it. My son parked his car in a car park with a 2 hour limit. He parked at 11.57pm on the 2nd of the month and left at 00.17 on the 3rd, a grand total of 20 minutes. So I just kept binning them happy I. The knowledge that when they finally took me to court, I would make fools of them.

9 letters they sent. Nine. .. final demands, pre court action, then a softening and offers of reduced fines if I paid. It was pathetic, but had I not been on safe ground, I might have felt concerned. But as I was 100% sure I was right, I just kept binning them. Eventually they stopped. They are getting enough money from the scaredy-cats who just pay up.

The big big mistake many of you make is to make contact and admit you have the letter. And then you foolishly pay the fine or a part thereof and give these people your bank details.

So, in summary, enough people bottle it and pay. That is why they do it. If you live in Scotland, bin them, and NEVER respond. If they now have your bank details, move bank NOW. Never make contact,

in short, private parking firms in Scotland have no chance of getting a court action, do just sit them out and let them chase away.

and these were sheriff officers on a Glasgow council PCN..not a private parking speculative invoice

dangerous advice above beware.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...