BOS credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner has a BOS credit card, on which he went up to his credit limit some time ago. Due to some money problems he negotiated a monthly payment with them, but they still added interest and he ended up over his credit limit. At the time they agreed not to make extra charges for this. However, a couple of months ago they started charging £25 a month overlimit fee again, which means that with the interest as well his balance is increasing every month even though he makes the agreed payment. He rang them but had no joy, they said they can only freeze interest if it's negotiated via the CAB. Whenever he tries to ring the CAB the number is engaged or there's no answer.

Surely what they are doing isn't legal? Has anyone else had this problem? Would it be possible to reclaim the charges?

Thanks

Lynn

I had similar problems with them and other credit cards, despite the fact that I gave them a break down of my income/outcome they still would not accept it from me. In the end I had to go to my local council who run a service like CAB and they sent of the exact same details only for them to agree to halt the interest.

As for being legal, perhaps someone with more knowledge will be able to answer that one.

Hi Forkandles,

Thanks for your reply. I've checked with my local council but they don't offer that service, they just refer people to the CAB, so my partner will persevere with trying to get hold of them. I think we may also start trying to recover some of his charges with the template letters from this site. At the moment he is paying £52 a month which was agreed with them, they then add about £38 interest and also £25 over limit fee. Madness!

Lynn

Start the ball rolling now. Send his SAR off. You can't let this go on.

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed