ACS:Law copyright file sharing claims, Gallant Macmillan - and probably some others along the way...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if its the right place to post but here goes

Recieved a letter this morning claiming "Infringement of Copyright" saying they have "retained forensic computer analysis" to identify me as sharing a game on P2P over a year and a half ago.

Now after reading all the long confusing paragraphs about this that and the other I have a form on the back saying I'm to pay over £730 to ACS

I'm going to dispute this as the game in question really doesn't ring any bells and maybe someone else who was using my computer may have downloaded it but early days yet.

Back to my main question has anyone any story's about ACS:law at all as well as some information as how to tackle this.

There based in London W1S 1NX If that is any help

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE

:-)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well their web site is a blank page

and the address is a "serviced office space"

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Thanks for that Cerberus ..I will keep an eye on that posting and see what develops as Im thinking Im not the only one in the country to receive this letter today.

I had to laugh when I read that piece, my IP is listed amongst the many others but one problem they would have to overcome is the fact that Kcom & Eclipse (who are one and the same IP) do not issue static ISP addresses, mine can change a dozen or more times a day. :D

Then of course there's the little matter of file sharers who use 'third party' servers.

hmmm thinking back I was on a wireless router but again will be hard to prove .. not sure what to make of it up to now.

Do I ignore or wait and see what happens as another letter arrived shortly after the £730 one printed the same with a few ip details and dates but wanting £860

So now have 2 debts ....

I'd ignore them for now. It seems that those that respond to them start to get hounded, whereas those that have ignored them have been left alone. According to the link you gave, there have been no known proscecutions so far, besides just having an ISP address proves nothing anyway. I think they would have a very hard time proving anything & would rather rely on some poor smuck just coughing-up without a fight. ;)

Thanks ..the link in the P2P freak forum is picking up ..seems it may well be a [problem] so going to wait off a bit and see what happens.

I'd ignore them for now. It seems that those that respond to them start to get hounded, whereas those that have ignored them have been left alone. According to the link you gave, there have been no known proscecutions so far, besides just having an ISP address proves nothing anyway. I think they would have a very hard time proving anything & would rather rely on some poor smuck just coughing-up without a fight. ;)

It's all rather worrying, esp if events years back can be refered to..I have had various flatmate over the last few years and allow them to use my WiFi service, how on earth could I really be held liable for what they download, also |Im on Virgin media and I belive that they don't have staic IP's either so they are always changing :)

All these guests just for 1 thread :cool:

Anyway whatever this thing is & whoever is behind it..it goes without saying, do not pay a penny & report to the OFT/trading standards & Watchdog etc...

The police (not 999) might also be interested to be made aware of it.

VBulletin is designed to be very search engine friendly - I'm on the site team at another forum, and it amazes us how quickly a thread can go to the top of the rankings. Within a couple of hours sometimes.

True.Ive no proof on my part other than them taking my computer away and testing it to see if there is a trace of this so called "Two Worlds" there but can most likely guarantee it wont be.

A few people use the PC regularly but there is a lot of speculation on the company who gather the data ... Logistep

Antipiracy group's tactics violate Swiss law | Developer World - InfoWorld

the link is based on a case in Switzerland so I'm not sure how they stand over here or how much weight they actually carry

I wouldnt worry about it coz if the worst came to the worst..it would be a simple case of them having to take the individual to the county court (at cost to them) & obtaining money that way...once all outgoings are catered for etc...so they'd get £1 per month or something, same principle with the DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks