• Tweets

• The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The move marks the first time the country's central bank has raised interest rates for 17 years.View the full article
    • The firm has benefited from the AI boom, making it the third-most valuable company in the US.View the full article
    • Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

cupcake68 Vs A & L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I requested a CCA from A & L on 190309.

I have had plenty of phone calls and one letter requesting payment but no mention of my request.

today I received this TC Alliance and L pictures by cupcake62 - Photobucket

Should I be sending them this?

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Date:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I am in receipt of your letter dated XXXXX

This account is in dispute with **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE .

Not only is this a breach of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 in line with the Office Of Fair Trading's debt collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

My previous dispute from **DATE** has NOT been answered.

As **original creditor/name of debt collection agency** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act agreementrequest and have also breached *s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 in line with the Office Of Fair Tradings Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

or this?

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Your Reference:

Client reference:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with ***DCA*** and has been since ***Date***

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As ***DCA*** is now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Office of Fair Trading Collection Guidelines and s10 Data Protection Act request, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default, enforcement action is NOT permitted; under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to ***DCA*** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as ***DCA*** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If ***DCA***chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Yours faithfully

Or is there something else I should send them? I'm not too sure is RMA part of A & L ? Or are they an independent DCA?

Thanks for everyones advice.

Esile:confused:

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have received this from A & L TC A AND L CCA rec 150609 pictures by cupcake62 - Photobucket

Slightly confusing!

The letter is from Alliance and Leicester but it says they have not been able to send a copy of my original agreement and that they have requested a copy of it and should Alliance and Leicester be able to provide them with a copy, they will forward it to me.

I could understand this if it was written on a MBNA letterhead but from A & L ??

• 4 months later...

cupcake68, those details are NOT from Alliance & Leicester, they are from MBNA. MBNA does NOT have your original CCA, that is why they have not sent it, not because they are exempt from doing so. If they had it, they wouldn't have asked A&L for a copy. If you write directly to A&L requesting this, they will NOT be able to provide you with it either. A copy of terms and conditions does NOT constitute a true copy of your CCA and a copy of the most recent T&C's most certainly does not. I know because I requested a CCA and got exactly the same reply.

MBNA will now sell your "debt", whether in dispute or not (and if it is, they are selling it illegally) most likely to Capquest. You will receive no notice of assignment and Capquest will begin a campaign of threats and intimidation, ringing you several times a day and sending you letters at least weekly, ultimately resulting in a seriously flawed and illegal Statutory Demand and threats of bankruptcy. I know because its happening to me.

DO NOT give in to these bullying tactics. DO NOT contact them. DO NOT confirm your identity if they contact you. DO NOT make any agreements to pay. They WILL NOT send anything by recorded or special delivery and so will have no proof of any letters being delivered to you. And they WILL NOT follow through with bankruptcy threats.

DO claim all your charges and penalties back. If they send you a Statutory Demand, get it set aside and claim your costs back. DO write to the Office Of Fair Trading (OFT) and make it aware of both MBNA's and Capquest's practices. Report them to your local Trading Standards.

The power is in your hands, not theirs. They know it and are running scared. Keep the faith!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi

I informed Experto that the account was in dispute and should not have been sold on.

Their response states that A & L supplied the "copy application and terms and conditionds" last year and that "no further communication has been received between" me and MBNA.

Where do I stand with this now?

Should I write and say if you are thinking of taking this to court you would need a copy of the original signed agreement and why not just supply it now to save time and costs or should I ignore them for now?

Thanks

Cupcake

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi MM

I sent them the letter in May 2010. They wrote back in June saying they had referred the letter back to MBNA and account is on hold until further notice.

I never heard any more until this week!!

Normal letter "because there is no payment commitment on this account it is being reviewed" !!!!!

I think I will write back and remind them of the dispute that has been ignored!

Cupcake

• 6 months later...

I have now received court papers combining this account with an MBNA account I have. Both have been bought by Varde and the POC's are not complete! It looks like they have run out of room!!

The thread to my other account is here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?205720-Cupcakes-Vs-Mbna-You/page2

Any advice?

Thank you in advance

Cupcake

Me again!

Just found a little note in my file!!

Experto filed a default on my credit file on 30/10/09 Their letter of assignment was dated 07/12/09 and the default I received from MBNA was dated09/11/09 stating I had to pay by 26/11/09!

Seems a bit smelly to me!

I think I should SAR them immediately (didn't do it for some reason before!!) and see what it brings up!

Am I missing anything?

Cupcake

• 3 weeks later...

There may be some useful info for you on this thread cupcake. :-)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?315901&p=3516400#post3516400

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.