Grumble: £38 charge for £2 returned DD to a charity

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Grr @ RBS

£2 direct debit to charity

no money in account

DD returned

£38 charge instead applied...!

I think this is the main reason why privately, most staff would agree that charges of this nature are outrageous. What type of account do you have with them because if it isn't a basic account they will hit you for a further £28 maintenance charge?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Grr @ RBS

£2 direct debit to charity

no money in account

DD returned

£38 charge instead applied...!

Its for this very reason that i dont set up a charity DD, even if it is for a quid or so 'coz something like this will happen.

Of course you can put in a claim to get back all your charges (I received £2400 a few years back :), in the meantime you could write to the bank AND charity concerened pointing out how outrageous this is and point out to the charity that is for this reason why many people DONT set up a monthly DD donation.

They refused me a refund because I had a charge refunded a few months ago (for something that was not my fault!).

Recorded delivery letter on way to Borehamwood complaints department...! Will see what happens!

They refused me a refund because I had a charge refunded a few months ago (for something that was not my fault!).

Recorded delivery letter on way to Borehamwood complaints department...! Will see what happens!

Mention that the previous refund was BANK ERROR and not a gesture of goodwill refund.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf