Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Tesco Person Loan - Default Notice

Hello all. Received a default notice dated 27/4 but received today (2/5) . Not paid the loan since December and remain unable to pay (seperated from husband and taken a significant drop in income) - indeed it is far down my list of priorities. I have sent them a SARicon and again explained my reasons for being unable to pay. It demands full payment by 5/5. Any additional advice?

Default Re: Tesco Person Loan - Default Notice

Hi there,

Is it possible you could scan and post up the Default Notice ( minus personal details)

A default notice currently issued must give 14 calendar days notice.

Help us to keep on helping.
    Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.
    This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.
    Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.
    Follows
    Following

Thanks - I will scan (sorry for not responding sooner been away!). I rang Nat. Debtline and to be honest they scared the cr*p out of me. Original usecured loan was for 25k, settlement figure was 22k though default notice is for 26k. Debtline talked about RBSicon taking 'high court' action because debt was so high, them looking to take some form of action to sell me house etc etc. I would be SO very pleased if anyone could please let me know what this means. Surely unsecured means just that and the reason why the loan has gone unpaid is genuine. HELP!!!!!!!!!

I actually have 40k unsecured and it seems my options are payment plan (not realistic as would take 27 years), IVA (via Debtline - though I appear to be a borderline case) or BR.

dated 27th and told to pay by 5th - thats only 8 days - not valid default if they do not allow 14 days.

Unlucky them

have you requested a copy of the cca??

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details