style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I thought I'd give some feedback on our experience with Ival, following a burglary at home. We're insured through M&S. We had the usual small electrical items stolen: stereo system, digital camera, work laptop, power drill, a few other cameras and lenses and sundry other items such as a multi-card reader, sunglasses, etc. We had receipts for only two items (digi camera and laptop).

Ival were in contact within a week. I gave them a full list of all items and stated which items I'd prefer to get replaced, and which I'd prefer to get a cash settlement for. I sent them the receipts I did have, and the valuation estimate for the cash settlement was sent to me a day later.

I was back and forth a couple of times (dealing with them by email), and after agreeing the amount, a cheque was sent to me. Time from break-in to cheque being sent was under four weeks.

I appreciate others may have run into problems with Ival, but with our claim, all was plain sailing. I had fast responses to my emails and the staff were very good on the phone. I wanted to provide this example of good service and fast settlement. I'd read some of the bad experiences on here with Ival and was a bit wary of having something similar happen to me. I wanted to let folk know that they can (and do!) provide good service!