Help or advice needed please - Council tax.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would be grateful if anyone could help me, I had £195 outstanding on my counil tax bill from a previous address. When they caught up with me I explained that I could not afford to pay it in one and arranged to repay them at £10 a week. The problem was then that I had to travel to a different town to pay it as I had moved away. This was costing me £10 a week. I requested a payment card and paid two weeks to allow for it to reach me, when it failed to arrive, I travelled back and requested it again. The third time I had to go there, they told me I did not exist on their computer system and there was no debt, then a senior member of staff found me and took my money. I explained that I could no longer afford to travel to make payments and needed the payment card immediately. That was in November of last year. I heard no more from them.

Now I have had a bailiff visit with added charges. I have just been back to the council and told them why I hadn't paid and that I requested a card three times but they said it was no longer in their hands and couldn't help me.

Do I have a leg to stand on complaints wise? To whom should I complain if so?