advice or help.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Afternoon everybody. Just looking for a bit of advice. i came out of work in 2007 due to ill health. I started a dmp with the cccs for £25.00 a month while i was ill.

I have four creditors. One of my Creditors Natwest issued me with a straight Default Notice as i didn't pay them there requested mininimum payment and they were not interested in reduced payments. This lost me my job at a bank as the did regular credit checks on staff. and i was seen as being in financial problems,

Anyways continued making my reduced payments for a year Which they all accepted. I increased my payments to £75.00 with the cccs when i got a part-time job.

Halifax another creditor i have then wrote to me to tell me they were no longer going to accept reduced payments on my account so for 6months they charged me £250 interest per month. £12 late payment fees and £12 over limit chargers. They then sold my account on to a solictor issued me a default and charge me £3,000. This bringing my debt with them to £17,000. They took my reduced payments on account though.

Anyways My bank was also with Halifax i owed them £500 for an overdraft. The came to an agreement of £5.00 a month i have paid evey month. Now today i got a letter saying there has never been any agreement and a default notice issued for £400.

I have never missed any dmp payments. Before that i never missed any regular payments with these companies. I wrote to them countless times and all i ever get is go to a debt advice centre. and the cccs dont have much advice either.

Where could i go from here because the way its going i will never be out of debt and i am trying.

Thankyou for any advice Mike

Hi mike1982. you could start with a look at the letters templates page and decide which ones to send to your creditors, others more knowledgeable than me on this will be along to advise you, in the meantime here is the link to the page.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/generel-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Hi there

In DMPs, as they are not legally binding, the creditors can still charge the interest on your accounts, which does make it take a lot longer.

I do not know how much debt you currently owe, or how much surplus you have but a way of clearing your debts in a much quicker amount of time would be to go with an IVA? Have you considered this? Otherwise, it is down to CCCS to build a relationship with your creditors, and help to make them freeze interest x

Did the CCCS discuss all the options with you including IVA?

You could also talk to CAB about the options they do have a legal team that you can make arrangements to discuss things with.

You say your bank agreed to the £5.00 pm for the overdraft did they send you a letter, if so did you keep it. If anyone sends you letters make sure you keep them as its a good paper trail should you ever need it.

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation