Essex County police....unfair Speeding charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

My other half was driving my car in basildon Dec 2008, and was clocked on the camera doing 59mph in a 50 zone. I took the wrap for him, as he'd just received 6 points from southend county court...for not even a driving offence.

So this month, received the penalty of £60 paid within 28 days of letter and 3 points on my licence....even though my licence has been clean all my life.

Is this right?? a fee and points??

on the fine and points question, yes £60 and 3 points is a normal penalty for that type of offence.

On the other point about who was driving, a) it wasn't relevant for you to state it in this thread, and b) do you expect anything other than condemnation for it from members here. CAG and it's members don't attempt to support criminal activity, only help in unfair fines and PPC invoices.

Thanks Crem,

Just wanted to know if its normal to the fine and penalty.

Okay!! Maybe too much information from an innocent person with no clue of crime...REALLY.

Thanks anyways

Thanks Crem,

Just wanted to know if its normal to the fine and penalty.

Okay!! Maybe too much information from an innocent person with no clue of crime...REALLY.

Thanks anyways

The norm is £60 and 3 points fixed penalty; it can be more if it goes to Court.

I'm sorry, but your claim to be 'an innocent person' just doesn't wash. You first post on this thread admitted perverting the course of justice - that is usually a prison term.

Your other half is equally guilty of this and you should be aware that some authorities do trawl forums like these looking for just such information.

Hi there,

My other half was driving my car in basildon Dec 2008, and was clocked on the camera doing 59mph in a 50 zone. I took the wrap for him, as he'd just received 6 points from southend county court...for not even a driving offence.

So this month, received the penalty of £60 paid within 28 days of letter and 3 points on my licence....even though my licence has been clean all my life.

Well, with the information here, there should be enough for the relevant authorities to identify you and deal with you both with full respect to the law!

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

People like you cost lives!

The reason your friend already has points is because they break the law. They did it again and this time you and they both comitted a serious criminal offence to help keep them on the road. So, how will you feel when your friend kills a child when they may have been banned on totting up next time?

This type of thing makes me furious. I have printed off this thread and I personally am reporting this to the police in the morning. I hope they trace you via this sites IP records and throw the pair of you in jail.

Putting it on here was a mistake. What you have done is frankly insane and I strongly suggest you let the police know before I do. They will imprison you for this.

This type of thing makes me furious. I have printed off this thread and I personally am reporting this to the police in the morning. I hope they trace you via this sites IP records and throw the pair of you in jail.

Putting it on here was a mistake. What you have done is frankly insane and I strongly suggest you let the police know before I do. They will imprison you for this.

It won't be that hard.

How many speeding tickets were issued in Essex in Dec 2008 where the male RK named the driver as female and where the male already has 6 points.

It won't need IP addresses etc.

People do this all the time - how many of us have heard of a partner agreeing to take points for somebody? It exploits a weakness in the system of automated enforcement.

What they don't do is tell anybody what they have done - much less on a public forum; that's just begging to be made an example of.

Hi there,

So how do you get points on your license if not for a driving offence ? I'd just like to know really.

I'm not sure about getting points on your licence but it is possible to be disqualified from driving for non Road Traffic Act offences, such as for not paying maintenance for children (the CSA would take action for this).

Enforcement in England and Wales - Child Support Agency

Edited by Rob S

So how do you get points on your license if not for a driving offence ? I'd just like to know really.

For example:

Random stop by police for not very specific reason (it was 11pm and they thought it was worth a punt for a breath test). Breath test was negative but on checking the vehicle notice 2 tyres were below 1.6mm. Driver wasn't been too polite so instead of a warning they book the driver for 2 bald tyres; 3 points per tyre on licence = 6 points for non-driving offence.

For example:

Random stop by police for not very specific reason (it was 11pm and they thought it was worth a punt for a breath test). Breath test was negative but on checking the vehicle notice 2 tyres were below 1.6mm. Driver wasn't been too polite so instead of a warning they book the driver for 2 bald tyres; 3 points per tyre on licence = 6 points for non-driving offence.

You wouldn't get a total of 6 points, you would get 3. A Court will only award points once regardless of the number of offences.

Otherwise, all 4 tyres below the limit, and that would be a totting up ban (12 points)

The easiest non-driving offence for 6 points is failure to provide information following a s.172 demand

Common but illegal practice - as the others say don't do it and then confess lol - be wary of disclosing info in the public domain. You would be alarmed at who potentially has access to data from social networking sites, let alone forums.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08