Got more than one account? Word of warning!...

lxtmrt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Thought you should know about this...

I have 2 accounts with RBS, a personal and a joint. For reasons beyond my control I ended up owing an amount of money on the join account that I set up a payment plan on. For whatever reason I ended up defaulting on this plan and as such got a £30 Default Charge.

Here's where it gets interesting...

RBS applied the £30 default charge to both accounts, the one with the default and the one that always runs in credit. Effectively charging me twice for the same thing!!!

I would have spotted this earlier but RBS's internet banking effectively blocks access to all your accounts if you default until you sort out a plan, so basically it seems that they can charge you twice and make sure that you cant see them doing it. I smell a very very big rat!

Thought you should all be warned on this!

Have you spoken to them about this?, what have they said? this isnt right.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Sorry, should really have said what the resolution was...

After 40 minutes on the phone I got through to a supervisor that informed me that they would look into it and it was probably a mistake.

Needless to say i'm not convinced and put this up as a warning because it's only by chance I caught it. According to most banks, they don't make mistakes. I wonder how many other people this has happened to but its gone un-noticed being listed on the statement purely as "Charges"

Are you sure? I would think they probably show the charge on the joint account, and have automatically paid the charge by taking money from your singular account and have shown charges as the reason for that deduction. So you've only been charged once. No?