Barclaycard statement charges

jmackay
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I phoned Barclaycard to ask for a complete list of all transactions, charges, dates and evidence of any manual interventions as covered by the DPA for the last 6 years. The operator responded by saying that they can only send out statements at a charge of £3 each...even after I made her aware that I was making a DPA request and the maximum charge is £10.

I've read all the FAQs but I didn't see a letter specifically for a DPA request to a credit card company. I've modified the DPA request letter (changes in bold) found in the library and am wondering if it's good to go...I removed the reference to alternatively providing me with statements as they would probably do that and charge £3 each time :shock:

Any comments/suggestions etc? Obviously I will remove the bold tag before posting :)

Thanks in advance.

J

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

Please supply me with a complete list of all transactions and charges, including dates, relating to my credit card account since [xxDate as far back as you wantxx].

Additionally where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my business with you.

If you are unable to supply data relating to manual intervention because there has been no such manual intervention then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response to this request.

Please note that this is not a request for copies of credit card statements but a full list of all charges and manual interventions, including dates as these have been ruled by the Information Commisioner to be part of my file and must be provided under the terms of the Data Protection Act at a maximum charge of £10.

You have 40 days in which to comply.

Yours faithfully,

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I want to reclaim my "BARCLAYCARD BUSINESS" "late payment charges". I believe there is a different templete for this which calls for a different "act" - 1977 act or something. Could somebody point me in the correct direction for this templete please as I cannot find it.

Test Signature........

Hi Robotic and welcome to the Barclays forums.

You need to start your own thread here in this forum. Use the New Thread button at the foot of the Barclaycard forum page.

Is this is a Barclaycard in your business name, or a BC in your name which you used for business purposes.

There is a difference if you're reclaiming business bank account charges but I don't think it'll affect a BC reclaim.

Get your thread going and we'll take it from there.:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi RB,

D/w on your new thread.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

d/w = Dealt with (on your new thread) :)

• 10 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks