Easycomputers buyitdirect.co.uk

dave_3141
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

EEEPC900A

We needed a new laptop for my disabled son to use at school. This product was advertised as available on their web site. We phoned to confirm it was in stock. 'Yes in stock we were told!' on Saturday 14/03/2009 we all travelled from Manchester to laptops direct Huddersfield shop to collect.

We were then told it was available but in a different warehouse. Ordered and paid in full for the item.(used Switch debit card, big mistake) We were assured delivery would be Wednesday or Thursday.

After waiting for two days for delivery no computer I tried to track the order on their web site. The web site said the order didn't exist.

I then telephoned buyitdirect, spent 30 minutes being passed around only to be cut off !

Second try with customer services they eventually answered, I was told the product was now no longer available tried to sell me an Acer, said I wanted a refund. Ok was the reply then they put the phone down!

I then sent an email confirming conversation asking for refund. Actually received a reply below but as of today still no refund.

:sad: What do I do now!

On 20/03/2009 16:27:28 LESLEY POLLARD Wrote:

Hello please accept our apologies for this a full refund is being processed and this will clear in your account in 3 to 8 days Thank you

email back and ask where is the refund

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX100uk I tried that 3 days ago still waiting for a response. Have decided to travel to their shop on Saturday & demand my money back. I'll refuse to leave until they do! I'll also make it known to any customers in the shop what kind of an operation they run. What do you think?:x

no i would certainly not do that.

pay them a visit maybe,

be polite & nice.

take with you the evidence about the emails[ ] from lesley pollard

& the promise of refund.

be good

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok Dx100 I'll try and keep my calm! Just that a company like this, that seem to make it a practice to mess people around really get me down! That's putting it calmly!

Let you know how things go!

Visited the shop in Huddersfield on Saturday they said that they were unable to refund due to not having the CSV number off my debit card? Also could not refund my monies then as there was no one in accounts at the weekend to process the refund. They promised the refund will be processed first thing Monday?

It beggars belief why can't these people phone email or even write me to inform me what the problem is and why did they say the refund had been processed when it had not, maybe they are just incompetent.

It was strange how the shop emptied after we had loudly explained our predicament, that part gave me some small satisfaction at least. :rolleyes:

My suggestion is to email the managing director of laptopdirect's parent. His name is Nick Glynne and his email is nickATeasycom.co.uk. Very quickly I have total sympathy with a fellow victim. It took a month for me to get a refund on a "DOA" and then it was wrong and it took a further few days to get a second payment. I will certainly not be using any of this companies trading names in the future. Finally I have just found out that an email many including me received about sponsoring funeral expenses was an April Fool joke - quite beyond belief AND the MD has proudly given a video interview thinking it's the funniest thing ever. Link below if it's allowed.

Free Funerals from Laptops Direct - Press Release - Buy It Direct

Thanks for that fandango123 may give it a try after the Easter break. Actually received an email from them (again) stating that they had now processed my refund and monies should be in my account soon!

Contacted Trading standards and they said write a letter, if no action after 30 days they would look into it! :roll:

• 1 year later...

Customer services are below any known standard in a civilized world.

I bought a blue-ray player from their counter in Huddersfield paying 15 quid more than Amazon priced it. After having watched a couple of films I noticed an item was making a high frequency noise I couldn't stand.

I took a player back to them asking to test it.

They did and found no fault! To collect it back off them I had to pay 35 pounds for so called 'engineer's time'.

As advised by Trading Standards I paid this stupid charge under protest and I'll be claiming it back.

Trading Standards say the seller has absolutely no right to charge me for such an inspection (player is only 2 weeks old).

I'm to send them a letter. If they do not refund the charge, there will be a legal action against BuyItDirect from Trading Standards as they have received many complaints so far.

My advice is think twice before you buy from BuyItDirect.

It may be interestin to point out that they are a member of ISIS and as such considering it seems from what everyone is saying they are not providing a high level of customer service - may be worth letting them know - in case another victim gets this same service but online which is often just as frustrating

Also check any business out on checkrate . com if you want to buy anything online, use a tradesman etc - great little tool to use in the future. Tells you whether they are registered but also whether they are creditworthy.

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone, use just been so frustrated with buyitdirect, I have bought an acer laptop from acer direct, two in matter of fact, which was on offer. They sent us an email the next day and said that it was delivered. We contacted them and they said that it was delivered by parcel force tomthe next door neighbour. We knocked every single door within our floor with no avail. We contacted parcel force this time and they came to visit and knocked at the neighbours door where the parcel was left and confirmed nothing was left there. We have contacted acerdirect(buyitdirect) and they said they have forwarded it to their investigation department and that they have now involved the police to locate the package with parcel force. Now do you think this is our concern? Shouldn't they just give us the money back? We have not received the goods and they are refusing to give us a refund until their investigation is over, which is now basically 2months and a half. It has been difficult to get hold of them now and I’m lost on what to do … They basically stolen from me of £700. Any help or thoughts?

• 2 years later...

I purchased a docking station, from Acer Direct - a buyitdirect company. After making the purchase I went on holiday.

On return from holiday found the docking station did not fitlaptop. I phoned the customer service number, the employee considered docking stationwould fit the laptop and transferred me to an engineer. After queueing for theengineer, he agreed the docking station would not fit my laptop and I wasreturned to the customer service number and spoke to a third employee.

It was agreed that I would return the docking station and becredited. The next morning I checked my e mails and the only e mail from AcerDirect stated the return had been refused because “ we are not obliged toaccept unwanted returns outside of 7 days”

The original e mails sent to me confirming the purchase hadno statement regarding the 7 day return restriction. I checked the website andafter a lot of searching found the restriction.

I called customer service again and spoke to yet anotherperson. She stated that the 3 previous employees I had spoken too should nothave supported the return. She promised that the manager, Chris Smith wouldcall me. I never received a call…..

I saw fandango123’s post detailingthe e mail address of the CEO. So I wrote out all the details and sent an email.The problem was sorted out in 24 hours.