BOS / Halifax Complication

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Am claiming £815 back from BOS and have sent my 'Preliminary Approach For Payment' Letter.

I have now received a reply within the 14 days, but as BOS has now merged with Halifax, the letter has come straight from Halifax PLC Customer Relations and there is no connection with BOS on the letter at all (There isn't even a BOS emblem, the address etc etc etc is all Halifax).

• My question: Does this matter?!?!? My claim is against BOS who's head office is in Edinburgh, so should I continue contacting them or now deal with Halifax at the address on the letter I have received?

• Also: They have said that 'A Customer Relations Manager will investigate the points you have raised and you will receive a reply shortly, but certainly no later than 4 weeks'. This is bulls**t, as they have 14 days to reply as I understand it, so should I send the next letter once the 14 days has passed?

Thanks for any advice!!

'Non Illegitimati Carborundum'

('Don't Let The B*****ds Grind You Down')

• Bank Of Scotland - Claiming £1221.27.

• 17/7/06: Sent Prelimary Request For Payment. :)

• 20/7/06: Received reply saying Customer Relations will investigate and I will receive reply 'no later than 4 weeks'! :mad:

• 1/8/08: Sent Letter Before Action. :)

• 8/8/06: Received letter offering 'Goodwill gesture' of £137.00, which I have replied 13/8/06, saying I would accept as part payment. :|

All quiet on the Western Front - no contact from them...

• 29/8/06: issued Court Claim via Money Claim Online for £1221.27 - Keep your fingers crossed because I have just paid £120 Court Fees and am a little nervous. . . ! ! ! ! ! :?

As far as i am aware it makes no difference to the case now they have merged with halifax, means the statements take a bit longer to recieve, and you get your mails from a leeds address.

Good luck with your case, im still waiting on the rest of my statements jsut now.

Bank of Scotland student account:

June 23 Data Protection Act sent

July 23 statements recieved

Aug 1 Prelim sent for 3660

Aug 3 comedy letter recieved

Aug 30 laughable £260 final settlement offer and LBA sent

Oct 07 Settled £1800

Stick to YOUR timetable. You are in charge. Not them. I'm at the exact same stage and their first lot of 14 days will have passed at the end of this week and it'll be letter before action time. Is it the HBOS logo that is on the correspondense? I'd just send your LBA to the same address you sent the first letter too as I'm sure it'll get to the appropriate person via their internal mail system anyway!

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

The logo on the letter is just the Halifax one and there is NO mention of BOS at all.

I think I am going to send the 'Letter Before Action' on Monday when there 14 days is up and stay consistant and send all correspondence to the BOS Head Office address in Edinburgh . . .

Thanks for your help!

'Non Illegitimati Carborundum'

('Don't Let The B*****ds Grind You Down')

• Bank Of Scotland - Claiming £1221.27.

• 17/7/06: Sent Prelimary Request For Payment. :)

• 20/7/06: Received reply saying Customer Relations will investigate and I will receive reply 'no later than 4 weeks'! :mad:

• 1/8/08: Sent Letter Before Action. :)

• 8/8/06: Received letter offering 'Goodwill gesture' of £137.00, which I have replied 13/8/06, saying I would accept as part payment. :|

All quiet on the Western Front - no contact from them...

• 29/8/06: issued Court Claim via Money Claim Online for £1221.27 - Keep your fingers crossed because I have just paid £120 Court Fees and am a little nervous. . . ! ! ! ! ! :?