• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

MissM Vs. RBOS

missm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6415 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent my Preliminary today. Didnt bother with interest as its mainly been the last few months, broken car, last minute trips back home ect; Anyway since Feb 1 I have paid £757 in bank charges.... nervous because RBOS seems to like a fight after reading all the threads below...

Any tips? I sent my preliim to my local branch, should I send my LBA to head office? Or London?

Fingers crossed for everyone in stage 3!!!

Both myself and my partner are battling difficult banks-Cahoot for him who also seem to DENY DENY FOB FOB.

Sent my Preliminary today. Didnt bother with interest as its mainly been the last few months, broken car, last minute trips back home ect; Anyway since Feb 1 I have paid £757 in bank charges.... nervous because RBOS seems to like a fight after reading all the threads below...

Any tips? I sent my preliim to my local branch, should I send my LBA to head office? Or London?

Fingers crossed for everyone in stage 3!!!

Both myself and my partner are battling difficult banks-Cahoot for him who also seem to DENY DENY FOB FOB.

They usualy defend then backdown at the last minute, yes send the LBA to the head office

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

No response, today is LBA day. Just a quick one? In one other the other threads where someone has a brother/sister/cousin something or other that works for RBOS they state that mention of media exposure could kick the behinds into action a bit faster. Should I maybe add a line to my LBA letter letting them know I will take this to local media?

Also, I sent my prelim to my branch, should i sent LBA their as well?

Cheers for helps! :)

just add it on to the LBA and send it to your branch, not sure about the media attention thing, they must be getting a lot of it at the minute!!

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!

Stick to your timetable! they tried all this with me and I just ignored it and filed moneyclaim exactly 14 days after the LBA!

NatWest - Settled in full 22/05/06

RBS- Prelim sent 9/05/06 £1,147

£500 offer 27/05/06, rejected 30/05/06

LBA sent 25/05/06 :razz:

MCOL 15/06/06

Defence received 20/07/06

Settled in full 01/09/06 wahey!!!!!!!!!

whoops mistake on the above post, turns out it was a letter from my other half's bank not mine.

So I am trying something different. I am quite irritated they havent even replied, even if it is a standard letter!

I emailed this letter to Tommy Mclean, Margaret King, and Carol Stickland this morning.

August 14th, 2006

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxSort Codexxxxxx

I am writing to you to express my extreme disapoinment in regards a claim I have filed against my branch and yourselves.

I sent a letter requesting a refund of all charges levied against my Interest Paying Current Account on July 24, 2006. I then sent another letter requesting again all charges be refunded on August 8th. Please note that both of these letters were sent via recorded mail and both were signed for at my branch, 45 Head Street, Colchester. I have attached a copy of both letters as well as the schedule of charges for your reference. The total I am claiming is £792.00

To date I have recieved no response or even recognition of my claim. I feel extrememly undervalued as a customer and am shocked at the lack of customer service I am recieving. I have always recieved prompt and polite service from my branch and from RBOS Telephone and Internet Banking.

However, due to recent media coverage, I now believe that your charges are a Penalty, penalty charges being irrecoverable at common law. It has been held that a contractual party can only recover damages for an actual loss or liquidated losses. It is clear that your charges do not reflect any actual and or real loss.

However, if you say that your charges are not penalties, I would be interested if you would demonstrate this by letting me have a full breakdown of the costs to which you have been put by as a result of my breaches, in order to reassure me that your penalties really do reflect your costs. I would be more than happy to receive this via email: blah blah blah @hotmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you and to a resolution of this. I will wait for until August 22nd as outlined in the letter dated 8 August 2006 then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Thank you,

Miss M

It could be, depends on what kind of account you have.

RBS lump the charges together, my statements are littered with entries like yours above. It is not interest as that is preceeded by "INT" but it could be a charge of £12 for, say a Royalties Gold account (if you have one) and a unspecified "fee" of £16 but being charged together, totalling the £28 you have shown.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

In that case, claim it all, it is a penalty charge and therefore is unlawful.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

MissM,

some people seem to have been ignored, it must just depend on your Branch, Davidhannam got ignored, Hostie got a telephone call as letters arrived/dealt with! I made a point of keeping in touch with the Rugby Branch and dealing with the same person (which just happened to be the Dep Mgr). If you've got all of your statements then fair enough, you may want to look into a DPA Breach as well then, as per the FAQ/Library...

;)

BC:p

Big Col:p

RBS LBA 20/06/06. WON - 21/10/06

MBNA(1)-Start-20/06/06, Claim-£250, 15/8 - Winner!!

MBNA Virgin(2)-Start-20/06/06, Claim £100, 15/8 - Winner!!

BoS MCard Data Protection Act Sent 20/06/06 - WON 16/10/06

Green On!

If the post/advice helps, pse click on the scales!! :cool:

question

THIS: 17 Aug 2006CHG01AUG A/C 101XXXXX- 28.00

IS THIS UNAUTHORISED O/D? CHG

is it about 16 days after "end of charging period" ie when they send the statements? in which case it probably is. but its normally only a tenner for unauthorised overdrafts....or that may be just mine (graduate royalties)

MissM,

most of us have been in the same boat, so just wait until the weekend, it will give you time to sort out your calim wording. You can start the claim and save it without having to cough up!! That way you can make sure you are happy with the wording and the number of words etc!

Then you can enjoy the satisfaction of sitting there on the 1st of the month with your mouse hovering over the submit button just relishing the fact that you are another step closer to your money!!

Green On!

Ho hum

got an email from TM this afternoon

Dear Ms M,

I am sorry that we have not yet responded to your correspondence. I am

afraid I can find no record of having received that of 24 July, but both the

later items were received here on 15 and 21 August respectively.

I am sure you are aware of the media comment surrounding this issue and, as

you can imagine, we are trying to cope with the increased volumes of

complaints surrounding it. Our regulator, the FSA allows us 10 working days

from receipt to respond to complaints and I will do my utmost to ensure that

we do in your case.

Please bear with us meantime.

Tommy McLean

Manager, Customer Relations

Ground Floor

The Forthstone

56 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh (Depot Code 045)

Tel : 0131 523 5116

Fax : 0131 523 8778

OH,

I never realised that the RBS only had such a small staff and the bank cat working on this. Roll on the 1st, you'll get nothing of any worth before then anyway, not with the Bank Holiday inbound (sorry!):oops:

Green On!

• 2 weeks later...

MissM,

you lucky B'hatech!! Bless you - spread some of your luck around will you, especially on Tomba90's direction!

But seriously,

Whay hey! Congratulations!:smile:

Green On!