Is this Mint Agreement enforceable?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening All

Received this today. Not within the 12 days but hey ho.

I would appreciate thoughts of why it is or not as the case may be as to the enforceability of the agreement.

Appears to be signed by myself, and I would say it is a true one, and the lender has signed it off.

If it is unenforceable and therefore unlawful what can I claim from them as I am getting great assistance from this forum and would like to donate if I can successfully win a claim which i realise will take time, but I am unsure of the whole procedure.

Thanks

Mint Agreement.pdf

They have sent you an application form which does not contain the prescribed terms within the four corners of the document. It looks as if they are trying to pull a fast one here by including a copy of their terms and conditions and make it look as if it is the same document.

Unless Mint have re-written the laws of physics and created a fourth dimension, a piece of paper only has two sides not three. In short they have sent you the front part of the application & then the front and back of their T&Cs neither of which are linked so I would say unenforceable.

I'm afraid you can't claim anything really, other than a victory against them. The debt still exists, it's just that until they can actually provide a valid and enforceable agreement they have no legal right to enforce payment.

I note your comments cerberusalert about the application form and the claim, but there are solicitors who claim they can write off the credit card balance without the personal credit file being touched/tarnished and the payments can be reclaimed as the agreement is unenforceable. I also understand the banks have made large provision for such claims. And this was the beginning of the process.

I do not mean to be argumentative but clearly I have misunderstood. Please could you explain the difference between the Solicitors and this DIY approach.