Free Help from your Pharmacy!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Been struggling for 2 years to break the habit now but have just discovered that you can get upto 8 weeks nicotine replacement therapy FREE from your pharmacist so i have booked a consultation for Monday to get my first weeks supply. Only participating pharmacies will do this so you would need to check with them but I thought I would share this with everyone as it is not greatly advertised. I found it on the internet.

Just to update everyone, I went to the pharmacy on Monday and got my nicotine inhalator and 42 x 10mg capsules. When I said it was free help what i didn't realise is that it is only free if you don't pay for your prescription, but still £3.00 is nothing in comparison with how much they would cost you to buy off the shelf (about £20). I am now smoke free for 4 days!!! The inhalator won't suit everyone I guess but to me it is brillant!!! Cravings are gone almost instantly with just a few puffs!!! On Tuesday night I had a couple whiskies in the house to see how I'd get on and there was no temptation. Again on Wed night I went down the pub and had 4 pints again without temptation, so the old myth of smoking and drinking has been broken! This week however will be the test of all as it's L'pool vs The ****! I'll keep you all posted...

• 1 year later...