fizdup V MINT

fizdup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have telephoned MINT to ask for written confirmation of all charges levied against me by them on my MINT mastercard.

I have been told that the request has been passed on to the relevant department and I will recieve the information in 7 - 10 working days.

Has anyone else attempted getting theinformation from MINT by phone? Did they actually send it or was there a fobbing off letter sent first?

(have I put this thread in the correct forum? MINT is owned by the Bank of Scotland, and I couldn't see where else to put it. If I should move it, please tell me where and it'll diappear in a puff of cyber-smoke)

Story so far...

BOS - Student account - preliminary request letter sent

Cahoot - Current account - list of charges totalling £420 recieved

Cahoot - Credit card - list of charges totalling £200

Mint - Request for list of charges made by telephone and letter.

Personally I don't trust a single word that Bank staff say on the phone anymore - it's too easy for them to make an empty promise, hang up & 'forget' about you.

Put EVERYTHING in writing, as this way you have proof of all correspondance between you & them.

What are you going to do if/when your statements don't arrive (which I'll be honest is what I can see happening) within the 7-10 days they promised?

Can you prove that you requested them?

Not having a go at you, but you'd be far better to cover all possibilities - the reason that we advise people to write & request their statement information, is so that the statutory £10.00 fee for processing such a request can be enclosed along with your letter.

If, as again we recommend, you sent this by Recorded Delivery, then you can prove that you sent it, and take action against them if they fail to comply.

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

That sounds like sensible advice, thanks, I will write a letter.

Does anyone know the correct address to send such an enquirey to regarding MINT accounts?

Story so far...

Letter printed at the library today, but the post office was closed by the time I left, so it will be going recorded delivery tomorrow morning.

In case anyone wants it, the address that I sent it to was

MINT

Customer services Centre

PO BOX 6050

Southend-on-sea

SS99 1WL

Story so far...