link/kearns claimform - Old Morgan stanley Card - chasing again - now stay lifted - i'd moved!!

Crolthtroll
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I have a Barclay card as above,

I am paying every month by DD not in areas no late payments paying just over the minimum can not afford any more

they keep upping my interest rate 28% NOW,

how can they justify this when the bank rate is at an all time low,

I feel like I am being robbed but can not do anything about it,

I don't have the cash to pay the balance in full.

Any suggestions on how to get them to stop with the interest rate rises.

thanks

El

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gordons Barking

Consider the CCA route if the debt is large and you can not envisage paying it off. You will probably have a low credit scoring pay off being more money in your pocket if there is no agreement. Are there any charges you can claim back.

Hi Ellis,

Have a look at the first few letters here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Send the one you feel most appropriate for your circumstances.

Just so you're under no illusions, BC are usually unwilling to accomodate requests like this but you have to try.

If they refuse, there are alternatives you can look at, for instance you can check to see if they have a valid Credit Agreement.

If they don't, in theory, you can repay the loan at a rate that suits you without any more interest or charges being added.

In practice, it's not that simple with BC. :mad:

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi All,

Well, received a response to my request to lower the interest rate which was refused,

replied to email asking for the justification for the increase which I think is very unreasonable.

I veiwed my account on line and noticed they do not state the rate they are charging you on there.

Here they are trying to entice pepole to take out their cards with 12% interest rates yet charging existing customer rates more then double this surely this must be able to be challenged. I hope when we come through this financial crisis people remember the Banks/Credit card companies that took the .. and give them a very wide birth.:-x

Seems to me that to compensate for the fact they can not longer dish out the credit to all and sundry they are going to fleece they ones they already sucked in.

Thanks for all your advice let's see what they come back with.

I think I might just email them every day with a one line question as to why they are robbing the poor to pay for their sorry mistakes in the banking industry anyone got a group email address.;-)

Would love to start a chain email to name and shame.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• 9 years later...

Theyre stalling. Remind them they have 12+2 and the money was sent, and the time is ticking. Then ignore until they provide the CCA

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You DON'T respond, they know the rules.

Keep their foolish response safe, then when they flog it on, you have the new clowns over a barrel.

NEVER tell them that they have failed. IGNORE them. (IMO)

Otherwise you encourage the clowns in a game of pointless letter tennis.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

already answered in post 7

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

pers i'd ignore them until/unless your get a PAP letter of claim

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If they failed to reply to the CCA reply, that's their problem. They're in default of a valid CCA Request and cannot take further collection action until they comply with the request.

When did you last pay BC or any DCA toward this a/c.

I agree with DX - just ignore the begging letters for now.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Last payment was about 18 months ago I think.

it doesn't matter that they say the fee was not sent?

I have a reciept for the postal order which states the id number didnt think to take a pic of the actual order.

Thanks for the advice

If last pay't was 18 months back, the a/c isn't Stat Barred for another 4.5 years.

When was the a/c defaulted by BC.

not listed on your credit file?

and they

Hi Ellis,

Is this a/c still showing on your CRA files.

When were you first persistently unable to meet the minimum required payments for the a/c.

Oops, missed DX's reply when I posted my Q's.

:oops:

• 2 months later...

Received another letter today giving me seven days to propose a payment plan or they will proceed with legal action.

I have wrote a simple reply saying please find enclosed a copy of my CCA request together with a copy of the receipt for the postal order sent with it.

Is this my best course of action?

Thanks

Ok thanks will ignore this letter. I got it ready but haven't posted as wanted to ask on here first.

post 17

and they

Hi Ellis,

Just so we're sure, please confirm what the "letter of claim" said briefly.

It's from Kearns Solicitors.

Headed letter of claim gives outstanding amount assignment date.

Date agreement started.

Demanding full payment.

If unable to pay complete attached reply form and financial statement. Gives 30 days to reply

. Letter dated 17th Nov. 2017

Sent them a cca on 4th December.