Swift cover issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hopefully someone will be able to give me an idea or a pointer of where i stand with an issue with swift cover.

I had an accident and basically am 100% that it is not my fault, the other party wouldnt accept liability and eventually swift cover decided on split liability. They apparently emailed me the decision, which i never received and have closed the claim after me specifically telling them on more than one occasion that i would not accept the decison and did not want the claim closed. They also sent me a check for 50% of my excess, which i obviously havent cashed. I have asked a number of times for the other parties statement and still have not been sent it, now they are not replying to emails.

Am i within my rights to insist the claim is not closed? I am more than willing to take the claim to court.

Thanks for your time

Nick

The nature of the insurance is contract is that they can act in your name. You can certainly make representations but you cannot insist. An insurer will not pursue a case if it does not have a reasonable chance of being successful. For that, evidence is required. If you do not have any evidence, it is doubtful you will win.

A court will not look kindly on a claim being brought to it where there is little or no proof of what you allege to be the facts (I'm not calling you a liar there btw).

Not what you want to hear I know, but it is often a case of gritting your teeth and moving on.

Thanks for the reply not much i can do then.

I've just been looking around the insurance documents when i came across a line that basically said they can do what they like too.

Insurance, the biggest financial [problem] going!

It comes across that way, but think of it like this:

For your premium, lets say £300, your liabilities are covered. If you were not insured, your home, goods, job would all be at risk.

It is a strange thing as it is something that you have to buy but do not ant to use. I often wonder if people, where motor insurance was entirely voluntary, would buy it. I guess the majority of people would. I could of course be wrong - many do not take out insurance anyway.

But the blame for the situation you are in does not fall at the feet of the insurer. It i the fault of the other driver and the lack of evidence. No court would allow a case without proof, insurance or no.