Car impounded through no fault of my own!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and was after some advice.

I recentley insured my car through bond lovis and paid my deposit. I then moved house just before xmas and notified my insurance company to let them know.

Tuesday of this week im pulled over by an officer who say's im not insured, im obviously shocked, explain that i am and give my insurance details. Officer rings bond lovis who promptly tell him my policy was cancelled on 13th of jan due to a 1 missing signature of proposal form.

Therefore car seized me with long walk home!! Upon speaking to bond lovis i explain i changed my address with them and they say no record of this exsists. They sent recorded delivery letter to old address which was returned to them as undelivered. They say there is nothing they can do for me. They even took payment out of my bank on the 9th of jan and cancelled it on the 13th!!!!!

Im currently unemployed and there is no way i can afford impound fee's let alone money for a new deposit for insurance. I feel totally let down by this as if when it goes to court i am found guilty i'll also lose my license as still within 2 yr period

I know its a long post but im in bits over the thought of losing my car and license for something i never intentionally did!! Any advice would be gratefully appreciated