• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Absolutely Fizzing! Help!

Postie1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all, newbie here, compelled to join and try and get help/advice as I'd had the site bookmarked for some time, it was here I got the contact details for RBS credit management, so first of all, a big thank you to CAG for that! :)

And to the aforementioned credit management... contacted them today in order to get an update on the loan I've been repaying with them for the past few years, I've been receiving monthly letters from them regarding charging interest to an account they closed back in Feb 07, and I've thought nothing of it. I'm paying back what they're owed, and the account I keep receiving the letters for is defunct, closed, finished, no longer in use. So I thought.

The repayments I'm making were arranged through the CAB 2 years ago, as I'd got into a lot of difficulty back then with an RBS loan, overdraft and several credit cards. The CAB helped me get back on my feet and get me some breathing space wrt my creditors. Done the income/expenditure stuff, and drew up a payment plan with all my creditors, which was agreed upon by all, and so I thought things would crack on from there. Whilst I was making these arrangements, RBS closed my current account, which was overdrawn to the tune of some £500-£600. (Overdraft limit at the time was £1200).

RBS got in touch with me through the CAB and gave me instructions for repayment of my debt to them, under the arrangement made via CAB. These instructions came in the guise of a standing order form, which had a different account number to my current account they'd closed down just recently, but I thought nothing of it, and have been making regular monthly payments to the account provided since, with no defaults.

So today I phoned RBS to find out an approximate balance left on what I owe them, since they've never sent me an update to let me know how I'm getting on, I've just been paying blindly hoping the balance is coming down substantially with each month. I enquired with the girl on the phone about the letters I've been receiving each month stating the charges (maintenance fee, service charge and overdraft interest) and asked what this was for, as I was under the impression my debt had been rolled into one lump sum, and I was paying this off, why was the interest not coming down month by month?

I told the girl about the different account number RBS supplied me in order to repay my debt, and I was informed that I've been making regular payments towards the loan, which was a set amount, no extra interest applied, and no extra charges, and this indeed was coming down, but the overdraft was kept as a seperate account (which RBS had never at any point informed me of) which was where the extra charges were being incurred.

My overdraft now stands at £1968.40 :mad::eek::!: with interest and charges being piled on each month for the last 2 years. And I thought I was paying this all off?

Sorry for the long winded post, but surely to God they can't get away with this? If I had been told at the start of the arrangement that the overdraft was being kept as a seperate entity, which would accrue interest and further charges (charges on an account THEY closed!) then despite the fact I was drugged up to the eyeballs with anti-depressants at the time, I'd have had the common sense to pay up the overdraft first, before taking chunks out the loan. Is there any way I can have these charges refunded/expunged as the way it's going, it'll probably add another 6-7 months to a repayment schedule that quite simply does not allow me to have any sort of life whatsoever.

The fact is, I've never wanted to take out any form of insolvency to cut the debt, I resolved to pay every penny I owed my creditors. I've worked 2 jobs for the past 3 and a half years to this end, I just now feel like RBS have been robbing me blind over the past 2 years, and taking advantage of my naivety and willingness to pay them back, at cost to my own health and sanity to be honest.

I really do want to send them a letter telling them where to shove their repayments, but truth be told, I quite fancy being able to buy my own house before I turn 50, so I doubt I'll ever follow that path. My other creditors were great, allowed me on my feet, and I've been able to settle with them one by one, paying everything I owed, RBS just seem to want more and more, and after today's bombshell, I just feel like I've taken a step back a couple of years.

Completely and utterly raging,

Glasgow.

And if anyone managed to read all that, thank you and can anyone help?:confused:

Hi,

You say your OD account was closed. The account that is accruing these charges & interest, is it the same account or a new one.

Debs

Hi Debs,

The account they closed is the one that charges are being applied to.

It was RBS who told me to make payment into another account, one that wouldn't be running up any charges as it is a fixed sum.

The more I think about it, the angrier I get. Couldn't sleep last night, and to be honest I just don't have the energy for a fight, but believe me, a fight is what the RBS are going to get.

I'm thinking my first line of attack will be to phone and tell them I'll pay off the loan as per the original arrangement, but I'm absolutely not paying the overdraft under any circumstances due to these phony charges they've applied to it after the account was closed. Had I known that would have been the case, I'd have settled the OD balance within 2 months of the account's closure.

Like I said in the OP though, I'm bloody tempted to tell them they won't see a penny from me at all from now on unless the OD balance is dropped entirely.

Edited by Postie1982

Hi Debs,

The account they closed is the one that charges are being applied to.

It was RBS who told me to make payment into another account, one that wouldn't be running up any charges as it is a fixed sum.

The more I think about it, the angrier I get. Couldn't sleep last night, and to be honest I just don't have the energy for a fight, but believe me, a fight is what the RBS are going to get.

I'm thinking my first line of attack will be to phone and tell them I'll pay off the loan as per the original arrangement, but I'm absolutely not paying the overdraft under any circumstances due to these phony charges they've applied to it after the account was closed. Had I known that would have been the case, I'd have settled the OD balance within 2 months of the account's closure.

Like I said in the OP though, I'm bloody tempted to tell them they won't see a penny from me at all from now on unless the OD balance is dropped entirely.

It's plain and obvious that RBS have appropriated your payments in a manner that is more beneficial to the bank...this is common at CMS Telford. You need to make a full SAR before deciding on your cause of action.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

which had a different account number to my current account they'd closed down

Do your SAR, include all your origonal account numbers, & also the "NEW" account number. You need to establish what type of account this is.

As this hasn't gone to court, I think you should also do CCA requests on the Loan account & the credit cards. You need to see the origonal T&C's.

Do not speak to them on the phone.Everything must be done in writing & sent recorded post.

Debs

Is it possible to claim charges back on this once you have your SAR in hand? If so, that's the overdraft paid and a nice chunk off the loan.

I have no idea about charges on overdrafts as I've only ever looked at it for cc's, but someone here will know if it's a goer or not!

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.