kevinlufflum v citicards/bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

basically just a list of the times they tried to phone me, giving replies i made such as hung up, promised payment, uncooperative and one at the end that says i was extremely rude when i told them i was about to pay it of and close the account at which they asked me were i was going to get the money from and i told her to mind her own business,cheeky moo, i enjoyed that one.

so really it is just printout of phone calls

p.s. thanks for that address, prelim on way,

:mad:LF53

after i paid the account off i recieved a statement saying i owed 50p, so i payed 1 pound into the account through hsbc, as i thought it would be nice if they owed me money( i know, its a bit sad)

when i got my next statement it showed that hsbc had paid 100 poundsinto the account, SUCKERS!! funny how little things please, as my wife often says.

reply to prelim arrived today, this is the main body of text, it goes like this;

On wed. 5th. april 2006 the OFT issued a statement regarding the default charges levied on customers by credit card issuers for breaches of contract such as making a late payment or going over the credit limit.

within this statement the oft has stated that it believes that those charges are too high and has recomended credit card companies review thier position with a view to reducing thier respective charges to a maximum of 12 GBP , unless there are exceptional reasons why a higher level should apply. card issuers had been requested to review and respond to the OFT by 31st may 2006.

although not a party of the OFT investigation tha led to its report, citi cards is aware of the report and we have undertaken to reconsider our charges in light of the OFT statement.

in order to remain competitive with other lenders we have reconsidered these charges after a review of the market. from the 28th of june onwards we have lowered our charges to the OFT recomended rate of 12 GBP. this charge is not retrospective in effect.

i understand that this was not the outcome you would have hoped for and if you would like an independent review of this, you may refer to the finance and leasing association at the following address. ect.ect.ect.

it is signed by andy smith, office of the chief executive (impressive) it also give a contact no. 0800 146188 and invites me to give him a ring to discuss it further.

any body had anything similar, sound like a standard bog off letter to me.

think i will give him a ring tomorrow.

any advice??

thanks in advance

kevluff

i was going to ask him why he left out the bit about charges being unlawful at common law, statute and recent consumer regulations; but u r right, as the prelim was only recieved by them on the 24/07 i suppose i will have to wait until 07/08 to send lba

I wrote back with my LBA as soon as I got a reply to my prelim letter, they then replied with an offer of the difference between their charges and the £12 and this was credited to my account.

I told them that I would accept this as part payment, but continue with my claim. Then my account was cleared and I was £0.46 pence in credit and they sent me a cheque.

I am still waiting for a reply to my letter accepting part payment, I would find it hard to believe that it was lost in the post because every other payup or else letter has found me.

good luck

cheers

andyace

citicards= £650/settled £650

Alliance and Leicester= £1534/request for payment sent/LBA sent/standard refusal/moneyclaimsent/settled £2003.36

As I said they offered the difference between their charges and the OFT figure of £12 in reply to the LBA. But every case is different if you want I can give you copies of the letters I wrote if that may help you.

cheers

andyace

Alliance and Leicester= £1534/request for payment sent/LBA sent/standard refusal/moneyclaimsent/settled £2003.36

I've sent you a PM let me know when you get your cash, they did reply quite quickly to my LBA so you can smell the cash.I cant tell you how relieved I am to be finally rid of this outfit. I would liken them to the Provident of the credit card world.:):):)

Good Luck

cheers

andyace

• 3 weeks later...

got reply to lba asking for more time to investigate my complaint, i told them that had they taken my initial complaint seriously they would have had more than to investigate it , but in the intersts of fairness i will give them until the 30/08 to come up with a satisfactory response(bloody good bloke,what) suckers. the real reason being i have 2 claims going though at momentand what to get them moving along a bit before i start another one (got 4 in pipeline)

Hi kevinlufflum,

If you go to the following website it has a template letter to send and ask for you loan agreement.

Remove Default Notices on a Credit File - We show you how

Hope that helps,

Best of luck with citi, I have now taken them to court and now am waiting to see if they defend or plan to defend,

Check out my claim against citi, click here

EGG CC Default Removal: Have reported Egg to Trading Standards, Summery Claim - 2nd Hearing Date 09/10/07. Click here to read posts

Monument CC: received statements, now need to send letters. . . !

BoS Current Account: Settled

Citi Cards: Hhmm seems like I have sued the wrong “entity”. Aaaaahhhhh . . .. oh well back to court I go, and they have settled in full!!!

:-D:p:D

This is just advice from me. If you are not sure please seek legal advice. However if what I have said has been helpful, than please add to my reputation by clicking on the scales :D

Try this

Dear Sir/Madam

Ref Account Number I do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company. I require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond further on this matter.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 cheque/PO in payment of the statutory fee, Serial Number

2. A signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists.

3. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974.

Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Yours faithfully

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

is it correct that they have to supply it within 12 (working?) days?

Yes after 12 working days they are in breach and debt is unenforceable whilst they remain in breach- after a further 30 days they have commited a criminal offence. (Not sure what if any the consequences of that are)

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

• 5 weeks later...

today i received a very belated reply to my lba from the venerable Mr. Smith, all very long winded, same old tired arguements about the 12 pound level the OFT "recommended" , get the case transfered to salford ,as is there right, ( how many cases have you had tranfered, smudger?) he then goes on to itemise all my fees and then offset them against the " recommended 12 pound level and comes up with an offer of 263.00. unfortunatly he has misslaid a few charges, so the figures dont add up, and they have sent a cheque for that amount.

Now, obviously, i am going to accept the amount as part payment only and carry on with my claim and will send a letter setting him straight on a few points and will draw his attention to his dodgy maths.

So, my question is, what do i do with the checue?

regards kevluff

up to you really,

you can retun it and so no thank you, its the full amount or nothing

or

you can accept it and say, i take it as partial payment.

EGG CC Default Removal: Have reported Egg to Trading Standards, Summery Claim - 2nd Hearing Date 09/10/07. Click here to read posts

Monument CC: received statements, now need to send letters. . . !

BoS Current Account: Settled

Citi Cards: Hhmm seems like I have sued the wrong “entity”. Aaaaahhhhh . . .. oh well back to court I go, and they have settled in full!!!

:-D:p:D

This is just advice from me. If you are not sure please seek legal advice. However if what I have said has been helpful, than please add to my reputation by clicking on the scales :D

hi there,

have had reply today, like you say, giving me the difference of the £25 and the OFT £12. they sent cheque as well.

my letter quotes KISSICK V CITIFINANCIAL, and go on to say the court dissmissed the case and citi say it was implied that their charge of £12 was fair as per OFT guide lines so they will defend any future claim with this behind them ?? i got no problem with it, makes no difference to me. will still continue

SO BRIAN HAS TO RESORT TO GLEAMING INFO FROM THIS SITE !

WHAT A POSITION TO BE IN ! JUST EAT IT BRAIN, GO ON EAT IT, YOU KNOW, HUMBLE PIE, THERE'S 70 000 HUMBLE PIES FOR YOU TO EAT,

Please Note

Advice & opinions of sharman24 are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doub