style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been having discussions with my local Town Council for nearly 18 months during which time they have promised to reduce the height of their trees in their cemetery. these trees are on our boundary and during the summer months they block out all the light to the rear of our Bungalow and of course come Autumn we have all the mess and danger of the leaves all over our garden and filling our gutters.

They keep promising and then every time they come up with yet another stupid excuse not to do it, this time its their Tree Surgeon has told them that it will damage the trees, although they have told us we can of course cut off the overhanging branches, (will this not damage them then)

We are dreading this summer yet again as it is like living in a cellar

Can anyone out there help

It will make a difference if you do cut off the overhanging branches. You won't make as good a job as a tree surgeon and yes, it may cause the same damage but as they've pointed out you're entitled to do it why not give it a go. Don't forget to offer the cut branches back to them though sadly I don't think they're obliged to take them.