Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Fizdup V The Bank of Scotland

I have requested a list of all the charges that have been levied against me by the BoS-tards (someone elses joke that, but I like it!)
    So far I have recivieved copies of all my bank statments back to 2004 when the halifaxicon took over the BoS and the others are on their way, apparently.

I would like to claim back charges made on my account from 1997, but I believe that the law only allows me to claim back to 2001.

Has anyone successfully claimed back charges from more than 5 years ago?
    Is there an argument that the Banks have refused to reveal what the breakdown of the charges is and therefore have been decieving us all along, or is that just wishful thinking?

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Fizdup Vs The Bank of Scotland

I think theres a thread in the general section that will inerest you but from what i've read on this forum it is possible but is quite complicated, I'm going to give it a go when i finally got my info back(SARicon).hope this helps

Rbs 114 + contractual at 29.84% I won total=125 no laughing it's a win
    Don't moan about it DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: Fizdup Vs The Bank of Scotland

I'm not sure how far back you can claim as I wrote to HBOS and asked for statements for the last 6 yearsicon and received them from June 1995 onwards. Don't know whether this means we can claim this far back or what but I dare say we will find out.

Default Re: Fizdup V The Bank of Scotland

There's a thread in the FAQ's section about claiming back more than 5/6 yearsicon (it's 5 years if you live in Scotland, 6 in England/Wales)

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim
    Follows
    Following

cheers, JMio and HadEnough, I will check out that FAQ.

I have added up all the charges made against me and the total comes to 708, though only 128 of those charges were made within the 5 year limit.

Following the "step-by-step instructions" FAQ I have not requested any interest on top of the charges.

I have decided to go ahead and ask for the whole amount, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

PLA hand delivered to my branch this morning... fingers crossed...

Story so far...

BOS - Student account - preliminary request letter sent

Cahoot - Current account - list of charges totalling 420 recieved
    Cahoot - Credit card - list of charges totalling 200

Mint - Request for list of charges made by telephone and letter.
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details