Mortimer/marlin chasing credit acceptance corp car finance debt inc in bankruptcy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have today received a letter from mortimer clarke solicitors, who have been instructed by marlin financial services to collect a debt from credit acceptance corp.

The interesting thing is this debt originates from 1996 and was included in my bankruptcy just over six years ago!

should I ingnore them or let them know the score?

I am presuming that the debt cannot be collected due to the bankruptcy, and in any event I dont think ive heard from them since before then anyway.

I've knocked up this response, what do you think?

Mortimer Clarke Solicitors

2nd floor

16-22 Grafton Road

Worthing

West Sussex

BN11 1QP

You’re Client: Marlin Financial Services

Marlin ref: **********

Dear sir/madam,

I have received your letter dated 06/02/2009.

I am a little bemused as to why I am being contacted regarding this debt, as it formed part of my bankruptcy proceedings in January 2003, in addition to this the debt would now be considered statue barred under the limitations act 1980.

I would advise you to inform your client of the above.

As you are no doubt aware, it is an offence to pursue a debtor regarding a debt in bankruptcy, and any further contact, other than to confirm your position, WILL BE REGARDED AS HARASSMENT.

Yours faithfully

BTW....Mortimer Clarke are Marlin , their registered Solicitor is Richard Mathais but I dont think he gets into the office that often!;) so most of their letters and process's are on auto

Live Life-Debt Free

• 2 weeks later...

Had another letter off them this morning, saying as you have not responded etc etc

I decided to phone them up, I told the lad I had sent letter re bankruptcy etc, and I said besides it was statute barred anyway, his answer to that was, that only stops us taking you to court, it dosent stop us trying to collect!-------WHAT A POINTLESS STATEMENT!

Upshot of the call was that when they receive the letter that I sent last week, they will look into it, my reply was please yourself, but dont contact me again.

will be interesting to see how far they threaten to go until they give up.

• 2 weeks later...