style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1928 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If your wife's debts are less than £15,000 - would it be better for her to look at a Debt Relief Order ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We just added the debts up and it £64k, the bulk is a mortgage shortfall. Iam just completing the forms and its asking questions relating to my wife's employer will they write to her employer about the bankruptcy.

Also regarding income details, my wife earns 188.00 month part time, I myself pay all the household bills such as rent, council tax, food etc with my wages. However the forms are asking for breakdown do I show total income including my wages ?

I will try and find someone who can help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You might want to double up your questions on Money Saving Expert (MSE). They have a dedicated forum for Bankruptcy (BR) so you will likely get faster evolving advice over there.

I am with CB on National Debtline too. Although they will toe the official line on your allowances, something you will get more precise advice from MSE on.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136

Thanks for popping in, Bandit :)

BCOBS

• 2 years later...

I have worked for a company now for 4 years with no issues and in fact worked hard and last year promoted to Help desk Manager looking after a team of 10 staff, since starting the role i have hit all targets and never had any issues. however without any notice the General Manager asked to change my role within the business and focus of the warehouse operation. From being a manager my new role is technical adviser so in reals terms a big change.

The company have not confirmed any thing in writing and the only letter sent to my home address relates to a 2% pay increase but they have requested i sign and return accepting the terms of employment.

My work has never been questioned and always worked over my hours to complete any work, i did find out my calls are recorded and emails monitored without any notice, i have nothing to hide any way. i have now returned my company mobile as not taking calls after working hours this has not gone down well.

Do i have any legal rights and do they have to confirm in writing any changes of employment

Any advice would be great

they are offering you a new role with a pay increase. Is the new job beyond your capabilities? If so let them know, if not then what is your beef?

Recording of calls is normal and everything else you mention is not relevant. The returning of the company mobile is you exercising your right to work to your contracted hours but beware, if you have had it for a good while it becomes part of that job by your acceptance of the change. Likewise, doing the new job create its own contract so a new one wouldnt have to be written as long as the core terms and conditions are the same.

do you think that this change will seriously affect your future prospects. If so speak to your bosses about how they see your progression inside the company and if neither you or the company see a future beyond the proposed placement then you should start working on your CV.

Be careful what you wish for

I have got to admit, I am struggling to understand why you are objecting to a job that pays more. And since they sent your a letter, and discussed this with you directly, haven't they actually confirmed the changes.

I think you need to explain why you aren't happy with this, but as previously advised, I would think this isn't likely to be easy to challenge. Most people don't complain about being paid more!

Possibly. But at least this time they get a pay rise!??? I'm not clear if this is the same employer or not - the dates seem a little off for it to be a different one. But regardless, I don't see the OP had much choice. If they haven't already burned their lives by handing back the mobile and refusing to take calls.

• 1 year later...

Well my parents ha letter on Friday after nearly 10 years, stating they can claim based on 1p per £1.00. However they also listed debts of £451,850.25 with only £1,530.00 to be paid to creditors who make a claim. Also states if nobody makes claim the funds will be paid to myself which they cannot as they don`t have my address as moved twice since the BR. I was formally discharged after 6 months, do i need to inform the OR my new address

• dx100uk changed the title to Bankruptcy date