Tesco Bonus Credit Card

skudbuket
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5549 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, usual story I suppose, got in trouble with missing payments by one or two days so loads of £12 late payment fees added to account which I see is administered by RBOS, these are already marked on my credit file at experian. Last month my marriage broke up leaving me with half incomings and two credit cards in my name. I wrote to Tesco, the outstanding balance is approx £1500 told them my circumstances and asked that they freeze the interest on the account and that I would pay by standing order £30 per month to clear the debt.

This is all I can afford, so got a letter back today stating that the £30 is acceptable but as this amount is less than 3% of o/s balancethey are going to issue a default notice followed by cancellation notice 21 days later. Rather miffed at this attitude, should I now request a SAR with a copy of the agreement and challenge the penalties or wait for them to take me to court.

Any help gratefully received, especially as my other credit card is with MBNA so I know I will be going to hell and back there!

Thanks

I'm no expert on this - only just trying to come to grips with it all - but one thing I have learned is that the date that the agreement started is crucial. When did you apply for the cards?

Edited by bedlington83
Grammer - the first letter of a sentence is capitalized!

Sorry I've misunderstood your post. I thought you were contemplating challenging the enforcability of the agreement. Having reread your post, you're not; you're only wanting to challenge the charges. This is completely different and is not date dependent at all.

I certainly wouldn't wait until they take you to court, but I think you might be on a sticky wicket; I believe that the OFT has ruled that £12 is fair, but don't rely on that. I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to clarify everything.