style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am moving address and had requested for a balance on my account with Edinburgh City Council. When I first moved to the property it was myself and my girlfriend. She unfortunately left the property at the start of the year.

I have been paying the tax myself from start to finish from my bank account as a direct debit and I'm in credit. They informed me that I will only be due half of the amount as it was in 2 names. I'm no longer in contact with my ex girlfriend and therefor I can't ask her to write to them. I've paid it the whole time and was honest enough to have 2 people on the account rather than one for the single persons discount and now it seems I'm better off than lying about it next time.

I can understand their side and views and why they do it this way but can anyone help or advise me on this please?

Thanks

Get back in contact with City of Edinburgh and tell them that as the payments have been coming out of your own rather than a joint bank account then you should be given all of the refund. They won't need proof, they'll have your details on their system.