Paying for faulty return/replcement postage?

MulderMan1013
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I purchased a new AC adaptor for my laptop from an online site in August of last year.

In November it went frayed at the end of it, so I emailed them with a picture of it, and they agreed to replace it. All I had to do was send it back to them, and pay for postage for a new one to be sent out.

"And I'm afraid you need to pay a mount of £4.00 as the postage for the replace order ...., as it exceeds 3 months.

Would you please pay for the postage to the following payment link by inputing your order number..."

Ive not bothered to send it away yet, as I dont really use the laptop anymore and its not my highest priority.

Im not a scrooge, but would rather not pay two lots of postage and packaging if I didnt have to, just not sure where I stand really.

Agree with Conniff - just to point out, it sounds like the seller is referring to their own standard return policy. There is nothing in the regs about such a timeframe where the return is for a fault or other breach.