Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Small Claim Stage - Help Needed Please!!

Royal Bank of Scotlandicon

Hi
    I am looking for £2000 in charges. I have been offered £600 and did my LBA on Friday 14th July. Since then I have received a letter from the bank stating that the offer still stand but under no circumstances will they increase the offer..........so I am now at the small claimsicon stage.

I just need a bit of help with the following:

1) Who is the small claim against, my branch or is there a head office address that it should be posted to and if so does anyone have this?

2) What info do I put on the claim formicon, is there a template for this or is there any sort of legal jargon that I must include, not sure where to start with that??

3) The small claim book you can purchase off this site by Patricia Pearlicon does this apply to the small claimsicon procedure in Scotland?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Similar Threads:
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: Small Claim Stage - Help Needed Please!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...procedure.html

PS Think you put the head office details on the claim!

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!
    Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !
    Follows
    Following

willowb

Default Re: Small Claim Stage - Help Needed Please!!

Rebel UK helped me a great deal at this stage of my claim...thanks!

Copy and paste this into the box for explaining your claim and obviously change it to fit your details.....LOL!!

claimant held a current account xxxxxxxx with the defendant since DATE under their terms and conditions. The claimant is claiming the return of money taken by the defendant in charges from DATE to DATE including the interest levied on those charges. The charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair termsicon in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Para. 8 and sch.2 (1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty then they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. The claimant made several requests to the defendant to justify or return these unlawful charges in full, the defendant has declined. Claimant is claiming the sum of £xxxx in unlawful charges and interest persuant to s69 of the county courticon Act 1984 at 8%pa being £xxx also court fees of £xxx

Also, the address that I used is this.....

RBSicon
    Group Litigation
    1 Princess st
    London
    EC2R 8PB

Good luck!

WXX

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details