Payment by debit card

steven321
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Firstly good evening and I hope I can get some advice here,

I bought an item online (paid by debit card), it was delivered on the 5th of August last year as agreed. I have just received an e-mail from them saying that the card transaction never went through and I should log in to re-authorise payment. Well the first thing I thought was that it was a phishing e-mail but when I checked my statements from that period I can now see that the amount was never in fact taken (never noticed before as we had just moved house and there was lots of transactions showing and I just never thought to look!) What I would like to know is where do I stand as I have now had a change in circumstance and cannot afford the £600.00 due to not now budgeting for it.

Any advice welcome and thanks in advance.

You ordered something, they sent it and you haven't paid for it. I don't think there is a time limit on them requesting payment. If you now can't afford it I would guess you had better offer it back and hope they're prepared to take it rather than come after you for the money.

Thanks for the advice, yes I ordered something, I, and they thought I had paid for it however 5 months have now lapsed and I am in a different financial position when they have informed me trhat there was a problem with the banking 'gateway'.

It's anything but helpful for them to have failed to take payment at the time I admit. What's in my mind is that they still retain ownership of the goods because they weren't paid for. I know it's a bit of a simplistic view but it's not yours because you haven't paid for it. They were stupid in not making sure payment went through and they have given you 6 months use of something which won't delight them I'm sure.

You contracted to pay for the goods and you didn't complete the transaction - no fault of yours I know.