Nice letter from First Direct

Guadge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my DPA letter off to First Direct on Monday, expecting to either not hear anything, or get a nasty reply, and this morning, I received the most polite letter I have ever received from a bank. It was worth it just for that! They have said that of course they will comply, and that my statements will be despatched asap by courier! In the meantime, I realised I could print off my statements from my online banking, so posted the initial 'asking for my charges back' letter yesterday. So we'll see how polite they are now!

You will get a standard letter back. Just follow the step by step guide.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

I sent my DPA letter off to First Direct on Monday, expecting to either not hear anything, or get a nasty reply, and this morning, I received the most polite letter I have ever received from a bank. It was worth it just for that! They have said that of course they will comply, and that my statements will be despatched asap by courier! In the meantime, I realised I could print off my statements from my online banking, so posted the initial 'asking for my charges back' letter yesterday. So we'll see how polite they are now!

I sent my DPA letter to them on Monday too, so I'll see if I've got anhything when I get home this evening...

EDIT: Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

*slaps hand* "Bad boy monkey!"

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Sorry - I think I must be having a 'cloudy' day. I have been studying the step by step guide every day since I discovered this site, and today simply cannot find it. Have you hidden it from me? Can anyone tell me where it is again, please, as I am getting stressed scouring through the library and every forum. Sorry!

I phoned First Direct today and they said it would cost me £2.50 per statement. Online banking only goes back 27 months. Who in First Direct did you write to Guadge?

I sent the letter addressed to just Sir/Madam, to the 40 Wakefield Road, Leeds address. The polite letter I got back was from a Linda Yound, Data Security Manager - it may be worth just addressing it to her?

I received a reply from FD this morning. It's from a Philip Cookman, Customer Relations, and politely says that he will send me a reply within the next ten days, so will keep you posted.

Is 10 days "or so" within your timescale?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello again,

I received a standard letter this morning, saying that they don't agree with my claims on the charges. this was in response to my 'letter before action' so I have this morning filed a claim. I'll keep you posted. I am going for £830.50.

Have you PM'd your details to be included in the litigation in progress section?

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks