Morgan Solicitors: Cabot's new in-house litigation department.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Jan 23rd 2009

Cabot Financial Group, a UK market leader in debt purchase, today announced the launch of [/url] Morgan Solicitors as its in-house litigation department.

Morgan Solicitors will undertake all litigation work on behalf of the Cabot Group from their new premises in Rugby. The office is due to open on Monday 26th January. Piers Morgan and Dean Spencer will head up the new 15-strong team.

Ken Maynard, Group Chief Executive of Cabot Financial Group, commented, “This launch of Morgan Solicitors reflects Cabot’s continued growth. Looking forward, we expect to go from strength to strength while maintaining our ethical philosophy of treating customers with respect. We look forward to working with Piers, Dean and the rest of team.”

Sam old huff and puff. They are advertising for legal execs and an Ops Manager on their website for this alleged new company. It is just old Piers Morgan (no not that one) and Dean Spencer from Hodsons and a new letterheading. Cabot can only be faring as badly as everyone else in the current climate. How will they be able to pay for all these people?

A pound to a penny this is some sort of PR froth exercise aimed at mainly attracting a new investor as Citi has gone belly up and is dumping non essential businesses. They may also be trying to frighten people - particularly that rash of debts that are statute barred that they are trying to collect through the courts.

...................the Cabot Fan Club

................. Welcomes Morgans ...................

....Into The Same Firing Line As Hodsons....

Once a Dean always a Dean, Once a Spencer, always a Spencer - ( Frank Spencer springs to mind ).

Why head up a new department with the same losers that ran Hodsons? - I hope ole Piers doesn't mind his name being dragged into the same quagmire as Cabots, one day they will fall and Morgans will go with them.

It's a pity they don't have Olympics for running solicitors, Hodsons have been run out of court so many times they'd win hands down :D

Come on Kenny baby, you could do better than this ...you'll be hiring that swimming pool of yours out in the summer to pay the mortgage on the extension if you recruit like this...bring em on......:p

Sarah

• Haha 1

There's no Morgan Solicitors registered on the law Society website. Did they forget? After all, it's not really important to them, is it?

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

They could employ real solicitors if they want to but without a valid CCA they will be just as stuffed as Shodsons.

One of the first things the new boys should do is advise their masters of S175 and S189 of the the CCA 1974. They seem totally unaware of their LEGAL obligations when asked for a CCA.

New name, new post but at the end of the day he is still working for the same masters with their Statute Barred Debt and totally Unenforceable CCAs. What does he intend to do about that. In fact lets face it what can he do about it.

Let me see.

SWEET FA

...................the Cabot Fan Club

................. Welcomes Morgans ...................

....Into The Same Firing Line As Hodsons....

Once a Dean always a Dean, Once a Spencer, always a Spencer - ( Frank Spencer springs to mind ).

Why head up a new department with the same losers that ran Hodsons? - I hope ole Piers doesn't mind his name being dragged into the same quagmire as Cabots, one day they will fall and Morgans will go with them.

It's a pity they don't have Olympics for running solicitors, Hodsons have been run out of court so many times they'd win hands down :D

Come on Kenny baby, you could do better than this ...you'll be hiring that swimming pool of yours out in the summer to pay the mortgage on the extension if you recruit like this...bring em on......:p

Sarah

I see- happy to reply on this thread, but not the one I posted many hours before on the same subject!! -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/179760-cabot-have-new-house.html

You've hurt my feelings Sarah! :?

Just hate every DCA out there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Anyone got opinions on Morgans Solicitors now, and why does their paperwork only relate to being Cabots in-house litigation department and also NO reference at all, to being regulated by the SRA.

Is this legal, or can we complain to the SRA or others, regarding Morgans/Cabot?

Looking for any ammunition to forestall their nasty letters?

VOLVO

Anyone got opinions on Morgans Solicitors now,

and why does their paperwork only relate to being Cabots in-house litigation department and also NO reference at all, to being regulated by the SRA.

Is this legal, or can we complain to the SRA or others, regarding Morgans/Cabot?

VOLVO

Anyone got opinions on Morgans Solicitors now,

Once a Mr Bean, always a Mr Bean :D

and why does their paperwork only relate to being Cabots in-house litigation department and also NO reference at all, to being regulated by the SRA.

Not too sure as I've not seen their Headed paper, but they were Hodsons (Hodsons Fools as I recall) prior to joining Cabot and going 'in-house'.

Maynard's always been good at picking quality staff - we all know that! :D

Lets see what we can drum up for you...;)