Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder DonnaConlan Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2006

Default Northern Ireland, Ulster Bank Customers

Hi

I know that the Ulster Bank in Northern Ireland is owned by the Royal Bank of Scotlandicon. Are we covered by the English laws you mentioned in the FAQs? Are there separate laws for Northern Ireland?

Has anyone who has an account with the Ulster Bank tried to reclaim their charges?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder richardc Novitiate richardc's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2006

Check the libraryicon.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Default Re: Northern Ireland, Ulster Bank Customers

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaConlan
    Hi

I know that the Ulster Bank in Northern Ireland is owned by the Royal Bank of Scotlandicon. Are we covered by the English laws you mentioned in the FAQs? Are there separate laws for Northern Ireland?

Has anyone who has an account with the Ulster Bank tried to reclaim their charges?

Thanks
    Applicable law and jusrisdiction depends on where the contract was made.

The law realting to disporoportionate penalties is the same throughout the UK + NI. Procedure and small claimsicon limits differ.

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder monstermind Novitiate

Cagger since : May 2006

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaConlan
    Hi

Thanks
    I have just sent of my DPA letter to Ulster Bank, asking for all charges for the last 6 yearsicon.

The laws apply equally to N Ireland, you take Ulster bank (not RBoS) through the small claimsicon process in the NI Court Service. Maximum claim for small claims is 2000. I've searched the boards for other members' action against Ulster Bank, and haven't found any yet, although a few NI members have taken English banks (Abbey and halifaxicon I think) through the NI courts.

Just to complicate my case, I actually now live in Scotland. I'm hoping Ulster will settle before it comes to court action, as I'm unsure whether I can take them through small claims in Belfast when I live in Scotland. The maximum claim in Scotland is 750, and I anticipate my bank charges are in excess of that. I will cross that bridge if I come to it, but am determined to follow this through to a conclusion!!

Basic Account Holder jeremy Novitiate

Cagger since : Jun 2006

I have just sent my DPA to the Ulster bank (6/6/06) and await their reply with some interest. Just happy to be able to do something.

(They do not like it up 'em!)

Basic Account Holder michellemeenan Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2006

Hi monstermind

I've just joined and am after ulster Bank too!
    Glad to see Ulsterbank mention - was thinking I was going to be the only one after them!

I haven't seen any letter yet - but am calcuating about 1700 in charges!

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution

Cagger since : Jul 2006

hi jeremy, will be interesting to see how your case goes as i will in due course challenge ulster bank

-----------------------------------------------
    Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------
    To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...se-read-these/
    To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ction-act.html
    To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...re-action.html
    To find Registered Address:
    http://www.esd.informationcommission...esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...n.php?p=366404
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details